Software or Cuda settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software or Cuda settings

I am in the process of changing from ati video card to nvidia, my question is --Should I change all my settings from Software to Cuda.The A/v codec settings I have for my ati card are all "Software". The card I will be using is the GTX560 OC card with 1gb memory replacing my ati 5850.Could someone help me on this.

Try these settings:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nVidia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	305237

If you experience crashes, be certain to untick
    "Enable Lightning-Recoding"

Comment

Software or Cuda

Thanks I will try your suggested settings & post the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave 2 View Post
        I am in the process of changing from ati video card to nvidia, my question is --Should I change all my settings from Software to Cuda.The A/v codec settings I have for my ati card are all "Software". The card I will be using is the GTX560 OC card with 1gb memory replacing my ati 5850.Could someone help me on this.
        Yes the Fab codecs are designed to work with the nvidia cards!! But there was another post that OP was saying that Fab was not taking full advantage of the GPU!
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

A/V codecs for Nvidia

Thanks I would like to find that thread!

Comment

Thanks I would like to find that thread!
            Here it is

Comment

Software v Cuda

Thanks Xalky, I hope to see an improvement but it would be fair to say ati5850 does work quite well, a 90 minuete film takes about 75 mins to compress using that, then about 15 mins to write to file, but I am using a six core processor.

Comment

Thanks Xalky, I hope to see an improvement but it would be fair to say ati5850 does work quite well, a 90 minuete film takes about 75 mins to compress using that, then about 15 mins to write to file, but I am using a six core processor.
                Im not to sure the six core processors has much effect as there are not many programs out there the even use 4 cores! But I could be wrong!
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                X