Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which video card is best for DVDfab video compression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which video card is best for DVDfab video compression?

I have read that Geforce video card runs much better with DVDfab, because during video compression, DVDfab uses the video card as a seperate processor.

I'm currently using ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, below is my Codec info:
    Graphics Chipset : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Supported Video Codecs :
    DXVA_MODE_H264
    DXVA_MODE_VC1

CoreAVC : is detected.

Can anyone advise me if i switch to a Geforce video card, will video compression with DVDfab improve much interms of speed and quality? If so, which Geforce card is the best pick? I'm currently running on a i7 processor with 4GB RAM.

thanks so much.

A CUDA enabled nVidia card is needed to take advantage of the GPU. Here are a few threads for you to read about Cuda codecs

If you want more then you can use the forum search and use Cuda for the search word

Comment

You can see which video card and other computer specs I have in my signature and I can do a 2.50 hour movie with 53% compression in around 2 hours, so the fast video transcoding speeds are definitely NOT limited to setups with NVIDIA Cuda enabled video cards.
      Last edited by SuperFist; 02-18-2011, 06:49 PM.

Comment

graphics cards

I actually have a geforce gtx460 1gb gddr5 graphics card and i love it. A little cheaper than the evga,but same results/quality. I have an amdIIx4 970 processor and combined with the card i can burn a 2 hr movie in about an hour-and-half. I've been very happy with mine.

Comment

I want to add that it will also depend on the actual movie being processed. They weren't all created equal, that's for sure!

Comment

@SuperFist

You have an i7 quad core CPU so DVDFab is taking advantage of the CPU power not CUDA power. If you was to change the ATI Card to a CUDA enabled one your time would drop by about 45 minutes but I could be wrong

Comment

I'm completely ignorant on this, how can i find out if my ATI card has CUDA, and if it does, how do i enable it? thanks!
              I'm using ATI Radeon HD 5800

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitaoy View Post
                I'm completely ignorant on this, how can i find out if my ATI card has CUDA, and if it does, how do i enable it? thanks!
                There are some other posts about this but I think at this time ATI is not supported by Fab!! Only Nvidia!
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitaoy View Post
                  ATI is not CUDA enabled cards as ATI are DXVA Enabled and DVDFab does not use that codec correctly even though you have option to use it you should use Software only if ATI card. If you want CUDA then get nVidia card that CUDA enabled and the links I supplied in earlier post have other members who say what they have and the times they get

Comment

Working...
                  X