This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burning software

i just bought the new version i think. its dvdfab 8.0.7.3. i hope this is the newest. im not getting anyupdates. any how the last time i tried burning a bd they failed. 4 of them now there coasters. anyhow i have completely redid my machine.

i have win7 ultimate 32bit installed with all updates in.
    dvdfab 8.0.7.3
    HPbd340 as my burner
    Verbatim bd-r 25gb 4x disc

i have yet to have a good burn yet, i guess im asking should i use the vso burning software in the program or use imageburn. i did try it both last time and nothing worked. would love to get a setup that works. when the disk cost up to 11$ each it gets costly.

Hijack of old thread moved to a thread of its own.

Comment

Hi helstar
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

which one

before i waste any more disk. i was asking should i use imgburn or the vso in dvdfab

and if you noticed i dont have any log files since i just redid the pc with new os and software.

Comment

Hi helstar
          For some users the VSO burn engine is problematic that is why we suggest ImgBurn, most of us seasoned members use it instead of the VSO

If you would like to set it up with Fab click here

Some members prefer to use ImgBurn separate from Fab to burn to disc

Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

imgburn

anyone having problems with downloading imgburn from the site. my avg virus scan program keeps blocking the download saying something about threat. never had this before.

Comment

All good here downloading from ImgBurn site
              CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by helstar View Post
                anyone having problems with downloading imgburn from the site. my avg virus scan program keeps blocking the download saying something about threat. never had this before.
                Just tried to dl and no problem!! Turn off AVG I guess!
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

You've failed on 4 attempts at burning BD bkups.

You've reinstalled Win 7 or perhaps you reformatted and did a new install of Win 7...this is unclear based on your posts.

VSO doesn't work for you.

Img doesn't work for you.

The Img download link won't work for you.

I'm pretty sure there's a pattern here.

I doubt you will receive any meaningful help based on your posts thus far.
                  Anyone wishing to help will need specifics.

Try using a re-writable BD disc (BD-RE 25 GB) and avoid burning more $11 coasters
                  and post details as CBR929 requested

Comment

Originally posted by helstar View Post
                    i just bought the new version i think. its dvdfab 8.0.7.3. i hope this is the newest. im not getting anyupdates. any how the last time i tried burning a bd they failed. 4 of them now there coasters. anyhow i have completely redid my machine.

i have win7 ultimate 32bit installed with all updates in.
                    dvdfab 8.0.7.3
                    HPbd340 as my burner
                    Verbatim bd-r 25gb 4x disc

i have yet to have a good burn yet, i guess im asking should i use the vso burning software in the program or use imageburn. i did try it both last time and nothing worked. would love to get a setup that works. when the disk cost up to 11$ each it gets costly.
                    Well it seems that a few of you want way more info than i posted. i mean heck the question was should i use the vso software that comes with the program or use imgburn. now i gave a bit more information only to show what i have done. so heres more

I have a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate. I HAVE NOT RAN ANY THING YET! the last time i did try i got 4 coasters, useing vso and imgburn. So as my post asked. do i use the vso or imgburn. and as you seen in the post a few said use imgburn. Thats fine and dandy. The last time i used the setup and downloaded the software i was not running a virus scan software on this pc. so downloading the imgburn program was not a problem. Now after a freash install of windows i have also installed a virus program to head of any problems dew to bad files being downloaded. AS i posted the virus program is avg10 the lastest build. and its given virus warning on all downloads from the imgburn site. Justed wanted to see if ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT BE RUNNING AVG VIRUS PROGRAM WAS GETTING THAT. thats all i asked. So please dont flame people here before YOU read the xxxx post. Now i hope i have supplied more info for you. And yes for now on i will be using a bd-rw disk first to check the file and the setup to make sure it works before wasting a bd-r. thanks the takeing the time and reading my post.
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

With your attitude in regards to those trying to help, you are lucky to even get a reply.

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X