Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing speed boost

Hi,

Just purchased Geforce GTX460 and it's giving me a major speed boost in compressing blu-ray video. Comparing to my old video card ATI Radeon HD 5850, GTX460 slashed the compressing time from 5-6 hours down to within 2 hours.

At the moment I have "Lightening encoding" unchecked. If I turn it on, will it make things go even faster?

thanks,
    Tao

Originally posted by rabbitaoy View Post
    Hi,

Just purchased Geforce GTX460 and it's giving me a major speed boost in compressing blu-ray video. Comparing to my old video card ATI Radeon HD 5850, GTX460 slashed the compressing time from 5-6 hours down to within 2 hours.

At the moment I have "Lightening encoding" unchecked. If I turn it on, will it make things go even faster?

thanks,
    Tao
    Hi rabbitaoy
    It does help with speed in certain circumstances but some members have seen problems with it being used, the only thing you can do is try it with it on and then do the same movie with it off to compare times
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, I have been having trouble with it as well. When I turned it on, it keeps giving me an processing error during compression.

Do you know anything else that I can do to boost the speed a little? like overclocking my graphics card or CPU? how can I see how much CPU or graphic card was been utilized during the compression?

thanks!

Comment

Yes, I have been having trouble with it as well. When I turned it on, it keeps giving me an processing error during compression.

Do you know anything else that I can do to boost the speed a little? like overclocking my graphics card or CPU? how can I see how much CPU or graphic card was been utilized during the compression?

thanks!
        MSIs Afterburner is the best software package out there to OC your GTX460, it's also great for monitoring GPU usage, temp, etc and setting cooling fan speeds. Do a little research before you OC your card. See what other people are running there cards at. Make sure you compare you're exact model card to others as manufacturer chip sets and cooling ability varies between the different makers of nvidia based cards. do a search for "msi afterburner". If your card came with a software package to tweak it, uninstall it first before installing Afterburner. Afterburner is awesome.

You can check cpu usage by hitting ctrl alt deleteto start the task manager, then click on the performance tab, that'll show you cpu and memory usage. GPU can be monitored thru Afterburner. OCing the card might save you an extra 15mins or so depending on how much OCing you can get out of it before it crashes.
        My Asus GTX460 works perfectly...no problems.

Comment

thanks!

please post your system
          motherboard,cpu,ram and os etc.etc.
          Windows 7 64bit ultimate
          CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
          RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
          GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
          SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
          HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
          PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Working...
          X