Splitting a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting a movie

When I try to split a br dvd the first part is fast & fine. It's the second part that is my hang up. I rip the movie only to my hard drive. When I go to split the first 19 chapters ( Avatar -100% setting useing 25gb disc) it's fine & plays great, but when I go back to do the other chapters 20-39 it gives me a reading of approx 65% & takes hours upon hours to complete. Each split is approx the same size in play time. 1-19 chapters( 1:19 ) 20-39 chapters( 1:24 ) please help as I love this program. It is great on BR dvd's under 25gb. Roger

Originally posted by Roger72714 View Post
    When I try to split a br dvd the first part is fast & fine. It's the second part that is my hang up. I rip the movie only to my hard drive. When I go to split the first 19 chapters ( Avatar -100% setting useing 25gb disc) it's fine & plays great, but when I go back to do the other chapters 20-39 it gives me a reading of approx 65% & takes hours upon hours to complete. Each split is approx the same size in play time. 1-19 chapters( 1:19 ) 20-39 chapters( 1:24 ) please help as I love this program. It is great on BR dvd's under 25gb. Roger
    Some movies just take a long time to compress!!!
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
      Some movies just take a long time to compress!!!
      Yes I know, but wouldn't a split movie be the same in the time it takes to copy & burn?

Comment

when you split it you dont need to compress it it should me at 100% but for some reason fab dont reconise that on the second half of some movies i have mentioned this before also but every body seems to treat me like i am crazy when i ask for help on this issue

Comment

Originally posted by m+m View Post
          when you split it you dont need to compress it it should me at 100% but for some reason fab dont reconise that on the second half of some movies i have mentioned this before also but every body seems to treat me like i am crazy when i ask for help on this issue
          M&M:
          It is very hard to figure as the first part is great, second half is trying to compress the whole video & the times I did run it it took over 11 hours for a 1hour & 24 min video. The first 19 chapters were under 2 hours. Where I'm I going wrong or is this just the program? HELP

Comment

it is a bug in the program i dont know why it does it i keep hoping that if enough of us complane they might realize that and try to fix it
            they just seemed to ignore me when i said somthing about it

Comment

I'm on the trial period. I don't know if I'll go on or not with the paid version. Alot of people I know are watching to see if everything goes as advertized. So far the statement of being able to spli a br is not doing the service. If they get this chapter splitter worked out there is a ton of money to be made.

Comment

I split all the time. Make sure in the little drop down box is set to BD50 always. Yes you will see the whole disk again but if you drop down to BD25 it will set up to compress. Just always make sure you get enough gb on 1st so you will get 100% on 2nd disk. So far the only problem I had was Independence Day where 2nd disk would not play. So I got rid of copy protection and copied it to hard drive using another program and let dvdfab copy to temp folder and it worked perfectly.

The split is worked out. Like I said I only had a problem once. The program works 99.9% perfectly. I'm just waiting for the price of 50gb blanks to come down, then we won't have to split anymore.
                Last edited by HIDEF; 02-28-2011, 01:44 PM. Reason: Adding Info

Comment

This Split feature you talking about is not a feature that DVDFab released and they are working on a customize/split feature for Blu-ray just no time frame for when it be released. The way you are doing the split is what most have figured out during their own tests

Comment

Originally posted by HIDEF View Post
                    I split all the time. Make sure in the little drop down box is set to BD50 always. Yes you will see the whole disk again but if you drop down to BD25 it will set up to compress. Just always make sure you get enough gb on 1st so you will get 100% on 2nd disk. So far the only problem I had was Independence Day where 2nd disk would not play. So I got rid of copy protection and copied it to hard drive using another program and let dvdfab copy to temp folder and it worked perfectly.

The split is worked out. Like I said I only had a problem once. The program works 99.9% perfectly. I'm just waiting for the price of 50gb blanks to come down, then we won't have to split anymore.
                    I will give your info a try as I always use the 25gb to copy the second disc figuering it had to be set on that size of disc. I will try leaveing it on 50gb. Will report back as soon as I try 2 split a disc. Your reply is most welcome. Thank you. Roger

Comment

cool hidef i didnt thank about setting it to 50gb i have ben using 50 when going to hard drive should have figured it out but didnt thanks thats why we use the forums

Comment

Your welcome. As AGJ said most of us have figured it out. I've only been doing blu ray for 2 months. I also figured the way you were thinking. Then I read the directions, God forbid !

Comment

Unbelivable!!!!!!!! I followed your specs & it is like night & day. Thank you so much. GOD bless. Roger

Comment

Unbelivable!!!!!!!! I followed your specs & it is like night & day. Thank you so much. GOD bless. Roger
                            Great. Now in case you haven't noticed the program has a nasty habit of picking the wrong audio. Just choose the HD audio at the top (I'm assuming your using english) and uncheck the others. These other audios,AC3 etc., have directors commentary and special feature sound. DTS, Dolby 5.1 english are fine. I hope this is corrected in future releases as quite a few newbies got, including me, messed up.

Comment

WOW!!!!!! You were right on with your post. I can not thank you enough. I have had no problems & everything is fine. Thank you. GOD bless. Roger

Comment

Working...
                              X