Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-ray RIP convert to ISO fails every time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray RIP convert to ISO fails every time...

Hello,

I searched the forum a bit, didn't see this exact problem. Sorry if it's a repeat.

I want to take a RIP that I've already performed of a Blu-ray movie, convert it to ISO so I can see which track I wish to keep. Using Blu-ray Copy, I try to use the feature to convert data to ISO by picking the folder under the "Full Disc", which would be the original volume name, then selecting another HDD location for the ISO. When I hit START, the computer thinks about it for about two seconds, then pops up the generic error "Process failed."

This happens to me no matter which movie rip on my hard drive I try to process, and no matter where I try to send the ISO.

I'm using Win 7 64-bit, and my account is a local administrator. Performing the conversion in ImgBurn runs perfectly, but since I actually PAY for DVDFab I'd like the feature to work. I'm running 8.0.7.3 right now; this is the first time I've actually wanted to use this feature, so I don't know if it worked in prior versions.

I looked through the logs for DVDFab, but didn't see where it was even reporting a problem. _process is completely blank, _internal just shows it detected blu-ray type 1, found the label, got bdmv and extended bdinfo, then ends, no error report. _burn_vso shows exactly the same information as every other entry in it (for rips).

Anything special you need from me?

If I understand you correctly you are using the Write Data feature of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy? If correct instead of that use the Full Disc Option and select ISO as the Target but do not forget to make sure you use BD50 so no compression is done unless you want it

Comment

Thanks, that did the trick. Why would that work, but the obvious option not?

(Also, how to I change the thread title to add (SOLVED)?)
      Last edited by torque2k; 03-06-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

To convert a folder to iso file, you need use "Write Data" feature.

But "Full Disc" should can do this too, we will add this feature in new versions, thanks for your suggestion.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Fengtao, thanks for the reply (love your software!). I don't think I made myself clear in my initial post... my fault.

I AM using the 'Write Data' option under Blu-ray Copy, that's what is failing every time I use it. If I use the option which AGJ proposed, it works flawlessly. It just seems that the 'Write Data' option should be what I'd pick to get the job done, but it doesn't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by torque2k View Post
            It just seems that the 'Write Data' option should be what I'd pick to get the job done, but it doesn't work for me.
            fengtao said should use the Write Data option as that what it for but for some reason it was not working for you as you mentioned. Maybe fengtao is taking a look to see why it was not working using the write data mode

Comment

Working...
            X