Slow Bluray Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Bluray Copy

Alright guys I need some help, I am trying to back up my A-team on bluray and doing a BD50 > BD25 movie only copy.

I have a Intel Q6700 @ 3.4ghz, 8gb of ram, Nvidia GTX295, and WD black series hdds

right now I am getting rates at 4.3MB/s and I average 3-5MB/s encoding rates.

I have reset DMA, and I have CUDA enabled, I have tried the Nvidia 266.58 drivers and the new Beta 267.24 drivers neither improved the rates.

I made sure I didn't install the Sonic burning plug in when i installed Winamp I know that caused issues in the past.

I have IMGBURN and Ashampoo as other burning software.

When I backed up my "Get him to the Greek" Movie I had rates of 14MB/s and the movie copied in 30min, now I am taking 2hrs.

are certain movies different? do some need encoding and that's why it is taking so long? any other suggestions? Thanks!

As you surmised, there is the occasional wide variation in BD ripping times.
    Honestly, I dont recall my time with A-Team, but I think it did drag on.
    As long as you're using Blu-ray Copy, you won't be changing formats like you would with a conversion tool such as Blu-ray Ripper.

It sounds like you're compressing on the initial rip...DON'T.
    Always do the initial rip to BD50 and only compress or convert from your uncompressed hdd files

However, sometimes, the rip time drags on.
    My "usual" is about 30-40 minutes, but I have gotten close to the 2 hour mark, here and there.
    Last edited by regnad kcin; 03-11-2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X