Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray copy starts at 3MB then crawls to 0.3MB then dies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray copy starts at 3MB then crawls to 0.3MB then dies...

...almost 100% of the time.

LG Blu Ray Burner: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 ATA Device
    [SATA]

Mostly it'll work ok if I'm doing a full rip to hard disc (i.e. not compressing to a 25gb disc).

However, if I try to then make a 25gb version of the 50gb files on the hard disc, it never [99% of the time] works. I'd thought this was the simplest and safest way?

From the (very) few successful rips I've done they've always taken 7 - 10 hours. While my PC is a few years old it's not a bad machine, with a relatively new ATI 5850 graphics card. [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ dual core, 6GB ram).

Any suggestions?

Note: I'm trying to upload log files but the facility to do that below says they're too large at over 55kb....

Update to V8082.

Comment

Just done that....

...and it looks like it's making no difference.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zaphod View Post
        ...almost 100% of the time.

LG Blu Ray Burner: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 ATA Device
        [SATA]

Mostly it'll work ok if I'm doing a full rip to hard disc (i.e. not compressing to a 25gb disc).

However, if I try to then make a 25gb version of the 50gb files on the hard disc, it never [99% of the time] works. I'd thought this was the simplest and safest way?

From the (very) few successful rips I've done they've always taken 7 - 10 hours. While my PC is a few years old it's not a bad machine, with a relatively new ATI 5850 graphics card. [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ dual core, 6GB ram).

Any suggestions?

Note: I'm trying to upload log files but the facility to do that below says they're too large at over 55kb....
        Compressing 50GB to 25GB is a lot of compression and takes time! As for the safest way?? I don't know what you mean by that, I personally thinks its a waste as for quality! If you want all the BS that comes along with the disc then thats what you have to do! But you should copy the entire movie to the HDD as a 50GB movie. Then compress down to 25GB on the HDD it saves your burner and is quicker. Then use ImgBurn to burn your disc! Just copy and paste your log for the latest burn that you are having trouble with. try seting your codecs all to software to see if that has a better effect.
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Are there a lot of programs running in the background? Software like norton are cpu hogs. I have a machine similar to yours, with 4gb ram and can compress a movie with lightning encoding in 2.5 hrs. I just did it yesterday.

Comment

Yeah. Make sure you close other programs out. That always helps. Read to the HDD 1st as if you were ripping the entire disc without compression (50gb). Then once it's read to the HDD then go back and compress it. I personally don't compress Blu-rays if I can avoid it because I'm OSD about quality loss. But that's just my preference.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

To be clear, I am ripping to hard disc without compression in the first instance - this seems to work prety much all the time.

It's only when I then try to compress the 50gb hard disc files to 25gb that I get this problem. Just btw - getting blank 50gb media over here is near on impossible.

I can't see any reason for it. I've tried with nothing else running bar anti-virus - seems nuts to need to turn that off but I will (and disconnect from internet).

Other than that I'll try software settings and see how I go.

Comment

Working...
              X