Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Afterlife

Hi all,

Im having a terrible time getting a backup done of this film to play on my ps3

I have tried everything and after 10 mins the carnivia sign comes up and sound goes off.

Is there a guide i can read to overcome this ??

Cheers

Please see first post in this thread. With latest DvdFab you can make Protected Backups, that will not trigger Cinavia message on PS3. You can do that in Full Disc and Main Movie modes, if you have a BD burner that is not from Lite-On. Good luck

Comment

Im just trying main movie original disk to 25gb bd-re, luckily the film doesnt need shrinking as i normally save full disc to HDD first.

Ill let you know my outcome but im not holding out much hope.

Paul

Comment

It worked and im up to 24 mins viewing time now.

Can I rip to the hard drive first in the future ??

Or do I have to disc to disc on cinavia discs ???

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Hi Vphotographic
          I am not sure about the Cinavia but, you should always rip to hard drive first, 1) you can preview it to make sure everything went well and 2) if you need to do compression on a movie you will save wear and tear on your drive by compressing the rip on your HDD.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Hi Vphotographic
            You should always rip to hard drive first, 1) you can preview it to make sure everything went well and 2) if you need to do compression on a movie you will save wear and tear on your drive by compressing the rip on your HDD.
            CBR929
            Disc to disc has been the only way i got this disc too work on my ps3 today ??

Comment

Maybe some of the other members that do Blu-Ray may be able to answer that question for you ,I am sure you will get one of them to answer this soon.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i hope so !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vphotographic View Post
                  Disc to disc has been the only way i got this disc too work on my ps3 today ??
                  Yes, to make a Protected Backup you need to have source=original disc and target=bd writer drive.

Comment

Thats a shame as it puts stress on the burner if we need to compress plus it will take longer.

Will there be a option to put it onto HDD first in the future ??

Paul

Comment

Forgive my ignorance regarding Cinavia and Protected Disc, but help me with the below questions please:
                      1. After you create a protected disc from a movie that has Cinavia protection, does that mean you have gotten rid of the Cinavia protection? Can you rip the disc again to make it fully unproctected?
                      2. What's the problem if you don't create a protected disc and just rip it like any other movie? So it doesn't play on some players like PS3? What are the other stand alone players that have trouble with Cinavia?

Thanks in advnace.

Rabbi

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitaoy View Post
                        Forgive my ignorance regarding Cinavia and Protected Disc, but help me with the below questions please:
                        1. After you create a protected disc from a movie that has Cinavia protection, does that mean you have gotten rid of the Cinavia protection? Can you rip the disc again to make it fully unproctected?
                        2. What's the problem if you don't create a protected disc and just rip it like any other movie? So it doesn't play on some players like PS3? What are the other stand alone players that have trouble with Cinavia?

Thanks in advnace.

Rabbi
                        In the cinavia thread it lists the players that are infected, and this is a 1 to 1 operation disc to disc right now and a protected disc BMDV-REC will only play on a player that supports it. My Sammy will not play them so in turn you would have to make 2 discs 1 BMDV and 1 BMDV-REC
                        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vphotographic View Post
                          Thats a shame as it puts stress on the burner if we need to compress plus it will take longer.

Will there be a option to put it onto HDD first in the future ??

Paul
                          You could make an encrypted iso (clone mode with all protections left on) on hdd, to use as source.

Originally posted by rabbitaoy View Post
                          You have all the answers in the Cinavia sticky.
                          1. With protected backup, Cinavia is not removed, but disabled. Just as it is on the original disc.
                          Last edited by j&b; 03-23-2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X