Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Blu-Ray 25GB size to set DvdFab at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Blu-Ray 25GB size to set DvdFab at?

Hi all;I'm seeing a lot of different sizes available to set DvdFab at for a 25GB disc,some are using 23700 and some 23000,some 23800? What are the best settings to use here? Anyone have a lot of experience with this? Thankyou.

Hey, lordgalla, it's better you set it to 23000 to avoid further failures towards the end of the movie. As many blanks have uneven dye around the outer edge, so we don't want to burn that far.

Comment

Originally posted by lordgalla View Post
      Hi all;I'm seeing a lot of different sizes available to set DvdFab at for a 25GB disc,some are using 23700 and some 23000,some 23800? What are the best settings to use here? Anyone have a lot of experience with this? Thankyou.
      It's a mixed bag on the forum! But the best setting is the one Fab comes with! Other users like to change the setting so you don't have to compress it's really up to you! An example would be if the movie needs to be compressed to 97% to fit at the current settings and you might change the size so it will fit 100%. But the 3% you are not going to notice in pic quality and as Malcolm said if you get a disc with un even dye then you might end up with a coaster!
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I've had the best luck leaving it set at 23000. As others have said, burning too close to the edge of the disk may cause playback issues and it's just not worth the trouble for a slight lower compression IMHO.

Comment

ok,thankyou all,will set at 23000.

Comment

Working...
          X