Enable full scan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable full scan?

Due I need to enable this even if I am ripping the main movie to the hdd without any compression/conversion/resizing etc?

Originally posted by pras011 View Post
    Due I need to enable this even if I am ripping the main movie to the hdd without any compression/conversion/resizing etc?
    I never have enabled it. And I do the same as you main movie no compression to the HDD, then to disc.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

What does this option actually do??

Comment

Originally posted by pras011 View Post
        What does this option actually do??
        It is beneficial to let it finish. Please open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "Blu-ray Copy" to find this option "Enable full scan", you can check this box when necessary.

Since the logic of scanning just search 10% of full disc, which is not very accurate. If you want to get the perfect and accurate result especially as compressing BD50 movie to BD25, you need enable this full scan function, and patiently let the scanning process finish. This is from a Fab architect. But I think for the process that we do its not a big deal. I just re did The Tourist with the slow scan settings and it did not take any longer to do then with them off.
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X