This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Copy a Blu-Ray movie?

I would like to copy my Blu-ray movie and not sure of the process. I am thinking of purchasing an External LG or Buffalo Blu-ray drive. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. If I place the Blu-ray movie into the external drive then I will copy this movie to my hard disk. Once on my hard disk, what then? Does the software have the ability to take this file from my hard drive and burn it to the blank blu-ray disc which would now be in my external drive? For DVD's, I copied to disk and then used DVD Shrink 3.2 to burn back to a blank DVD, but I am unsure how the Blu-Ray process will work. Can someone help? What type Blu-ray disk would I use...BD50? Thanks.

Exactly as you described it.

From external drive to hard disk
    From hard disk to external drive

All within Fab although a lot of members here are of the opinion that you would be better using the ImgBurn burning engine. This integrates well with Fab and replaces the default VSO burning engine that comes with Fab.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So basically I am copying an image of the blu-ray disc to my HD and then burning this image back to a blank blu-ray? Sounds easy enough. And ImgBurn is a better way of buring this image?
      thanks

Comment

My process is ripping the full BD disc to my hdd, then using that folder as the source(you can also rip it to iso format and use it as source) once selected as the source, select the main movie option and after the initial scan at the bottom you'll see a dropdown, (BD50, BD25, BD9 and BD5) select BD25 and Fab will decide if it needs compression to fit onto a blank 25gb BD-R disc. I suggest selecting iso output as the target and testing the file by mounting it to a virtual player just to make sure everything plays back correctly before trying to burn to a blank. Also would recommend using ImgBurn for the burn engine (link in my sig will lead you to an excellent video by Troy512 on how to set fab up with it) here is a guide that basically holds true for Blu-ray testing also Click Me but instead of magic disc you'll need either Daemon tools or another Virtual drive (and there are some free ones just google virtual drive) to test the BD iso file you'll need TMT3, PowerDVD, or WinDVD2010.

Comment

Thanks......I now feel confident enough in the process to buy the Blu-ray drive and make the jump.
          Thanks for eneryone's help.
          jjp

Comment

Working...
          X