Question on which products to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on which products to buy

I'm brand new to this community and am debating which programs I need to do what I want to do.

I want to simply create a copy of a blu-ray or 3d blu-ray on the hard drive of my laptop so I don't have to travel with the disks, use less power in playback, and have a better playback with faster data access times.

Do you know if I would need to do anything but creating a clone with DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy? Would I need Blu-Ray Passkey or either of the Blu-Ray Rippers? I don't intend to change the format (I would actually prefer not to change it from the native format) unless that would be required for playback.

I was a bit confused when reading through the product descriptions online. Thank you for any feedback.

Originally posted by asuglax View Post
    I'm brand new to this community and am debating which programs I need to do what I want to do.

I want to simply create a copy of a blu-ray or 3d blu-ray on the hard drive of my laptop so I don't have to travel with the disks, use less power in playback, and have a better playback with faster data access times.

Do you know if I would need to do anything but creating a clone with DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy? Would I need Blu-Ray Passkey or either of the Blu-Ray Rippers? I don't intend to change the format (I would actually prefer not to change it from the native format) unless that would be required for playback.

I was a bit confused when reading through the product descriptions online. Thank you for any feedback.
    If you want to copy just BD's the you need the Bluray copy tools. If you plan on putting the movies on and Iphone or Ipad then you will need the ripper conversion tools. You do not need passkey because Bluray tools remove all protection. From what you have stated above you just need the Bluray software. There is a 30 day trial if you need to check out the software first, but there will be a watermark in the upper left hand corner for the duration of the trial.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Yup, Blu-ray Copy is all you'll need.
      I've never ripped a 3D, but I believe you have to use clone mode in order to preserve 3D.

I watch all my BDs via my media player and almost always use Main Movie mode. I couldn't care less about most "extras" and
      keep in mind that for right now, BD menus are not preserved.

I suspect you'll find Main Movie mode less cumbersome for playback with software players.

If you're cloning to an .ISO, it's likely you'll have to mount the .ISO on a virtual drive for playback on your laptop
      with software players such as Media Player Classic and VLC.

Customize Mode for Blu-ray Copy is still in development.

@DiabloZoe
      Great advice and reminder about the watermark on the 30-day trial...I'd forgotten about it.

Comment

Just use DVDFab HD Decrypter. It's free and it copies DVDs and Blu-rays to your hard drive.

Download it from this page here:

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

I also talked with my dad who has been using DVD Copy for some years now. He has had minimal issues (primarily only with scratched discs that have problems with error correction). I have opted to get Blu-Ray Copy with lifetime support for the continual updates and full Blu-Ray support. I'm hoping this will support BDXL when 4k resolution comes into vogue.

Comment

Working...
          X