This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Disk to BD25

Is there a way to select a BD25 in the "BluRay2BluRay->Complete Disk" section ? The DropDown-list is deactivated there. A choice of BD25 is only available in the MainMovie menu.

A waist of time (literally) if you wish to maintain your BLU-RAY titles full HD resolution. I've gone back and looked at all of my "Movie Only" BD back ups and none of them are less than 31GB. This means you have to lose the true HD resolution to extra time consuming file compression. I too was duped by misleading articles and online replies into purchasing 25GB BD media only to realize that if you "truly" want to back up BLU-RAY movies you need 50GB BD-DL media. On average the "MAIN MOVIE" portion of a BLU-RAY title is significantly more than 25GB.

So why reduce HD resolution through compression? And if it does not matter? Save yourself the time and BD media money and simply back up the SD DVD (Standard Definition regular DVD) to a 8.5GB DVD-9. At Least this is like size DVD media backed up at a fraction of the time spent backing up BLU-RAY and plays near 720p or better on a HDMI standalone DVD or BLU-RAY player. Think seriously about what I just suggested. BLU-RAY compression unless you are converting to HD/MKV is giving you less than 1080P resolution (The reason you watch BLU-RAY) to play on a more capable and expensive BLU-RAY player? Why not again just stick to regular SD DVD back ups? In other words, You're not saving money if you are wasting time.
    Last edited by LEGIN27; 11-14-2009, 11:05 AM.

Comment

That's true. I don't want to compress the 1080p data.
      It's just the question if the dropdown list for BD selection doesn't run only on my PC or if it's a normal condition.
      In the first case I would have an incorrect installation with probably other problems.

Comment

No it's not an incorrect installation, compressing full disc to BD25 isn't supported yet so thats why the box is greyed out.

Comment

movie to 25gb

So then how do you rip just the movie, which may be >25gb to a 25gb blu ray disc?

Comment

Yep, select the Main Movie option and in the dropdown select BD25 and Fab will compress the Main Movie (if it needs compression that is) you can also try the BD9/BD5 in the dropdown if you want to back up to a dual/single layer DVD which is only playable in a Blu-ray player). Note: for future questions Please start your own thread but since the OP has their answer I'll leave this post here without moving it.

Comment

*Locked Thread, original posters question has been answered.*

Comment

Working...
              X