Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD customize split workaround ?

Hi !

I'd like to backup a miniseries BD; it has 2 episodes on it. Each would be 8GB, hence 16GB and would fit on 1 BD disc without compression.

The only way I found so far is to do a "full disc" backup; but with that I have to apply compression because the full disc is 33GB; hence loosing quality while the 2 episodes with english track only and HD audio removed are 16GB.

Is there a way to do it ? I know I could do 1 episode at a time, but that would just take too much BD discs.

If not, DVD Fab team : when do you think the BD customize split will be delivered ?

thanks !

first of all, forgive my horrible English...

you should try this:

1 - rip the full disc in a new directory (ex: "dir1") on your HDD
    2 - rip it again in a different directory (ex: "dir2") selecting the "main movie" option and, choosing one of the two episodes, remove the HD Audio retaining only the English track
    3 - copy the m2ts file obtained (should be in the "stream" subdirectory) over the original one in the first directory (again in the "stream" subdirectory).
    4 - repeat the same procedure for the other episode
    5 - burn the files contained in the now modified "dir1" on a BD25, put it in the BD player, wait for the menu and, eventually, enjoy your episodes...
    6 - tell me if it works
    Last edited by EtaBeta; 04-07-2011, 12:27 PM.
    The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder (Alfred Hitchcock)

Comment

There is no ETA on BD customize. For now, you might try a google search on how to rebuild a BD. You would still use DVDFab BD Copy to remove the protections and put the BD on the hard drive then you can use other software to make the changes. Someday, DVDFab will let you do it all in one step.

One bit of warning, discussion of other software is not appropriate for the DVDFab forums.

Comment

Working...
      X