Visually impaired audio track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visually impaired audio track

Forgive me if this has been posted before. I tried using the search and it just takes me to a 404 not found. I am using 8.0.7.3 at the moment but this has happened on earlier versions of 8. Most all blurays I have tried I keep getting this stupid visually impaired audio track over my m2ts files. I have not been able to find anything to get rid of them since dvdfab rips the audio track as one piece so there is nothing to splice away it seems.
    For some reason I just got Tron:Legacy to decode onto the hdd with no issues. I am beginning to wonder if it is just because it did not have one of these tracks.
    Is there some hidden option I am not seeing to get rid of this track? I am using the 3/2 stereo tracks since I have never been able to get the DTS tracks to play on anything I have. Not to say I do not have a 5.1 system but it is analog so if it is in a file on the HDD those tracks do not play with what I use.
    I know I do not have any posts here yet but I am not a complete noob when it comes to encoding movies. The blu ray stuff is just kind of new to me.

Hi

1.It's obvious that the audio track you chose is a cause of this issue, normally there are several audio tracks in the main movie, you must have checked the audio including narrative/description voice to copy.

2.Please select another audio like AC-3/5.1, DTS/5.1 or more higher level to see if you can get rid of this annoying narrative/description voice. You can also play the source disc in your standalone player to determine which audio your need to choose before start the copying process.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by sunny; 04-13-2011, 02:17 AM.

Comment

I have decided to upgrade to 8.0.8.5. I am trying this out on the Last Airbender and the only audio tracks available in English are the DTS-HD and AC-3/5.1. In the preview window I do not hear this annoying track, just what I should be hearing. I cant use the DTS-HD since none of my computers have DTS I am assuming since it just produces no audio for me.
      I have even tried the DTS-HD and checking the Remove HD Audio option and still no audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Occidio View Post
        I cant use the DTS-HD since none of my computers have DTS I am assuming since it just produces no audio for me.
        I have even tried the DTS-HD and checking the Remove HD Audio option and still no audio.
        It's related to the software you're using to play back the file, try using VLC or Media Player Classic (both are freeware) OR try Totalmedia Theatre 5 (not free but has a trial period). As long as the software decodes DTS it should play even if you don't have a 5.1 speaker setup.

Comment

I run into this where the DVS (Descriptive Video Service) track is included when trying to copy the Main Movie...

I have had succes using these settings, image follows.

Although since the update to 8.0.8.5 simply using the DTS HD Master seems to work OK...

I do not believe that it is the player in that it is present on each and every one I have tried, inlcuding VLC...
          Attached Files
          Dell Studio XPS 8100
          Intel i7 860 @ 2.8 GHZ
          ATI Radon HD 5700 w/Catalyst 10.8

Comment

Working...
          X