Not copying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not copying

After months of successful blu-ray copying, all the sudden I get failed attempts.

Well, all of a sudden, what changed?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Well, all of a sudden, what changed?
      Lol

Originally posted by MERX2006 View Post
      After months of successful blu-ray copying, all the sudden I get failed attempts.
      Can you post your logs for which ever movies you are having problems with?
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

LOL

I had this problem about a month ago with burning. I uninstalled DVDFAB, ran disk cleanup and 2 registry cleaners and then defragged the HD. Then reinstalled DVDFAB and I've had no problems since. Probably a little overkill on my part but it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by HIDEF View Post
          LOL

I had this problem about a month ago with burning. I uninstalled DVDFAB, ran disk cleanup and 2 registry cleaners and then defragged the HD. Then reinstalled DVDFAB and I've had no problems since. Probably a little overkill on my part but it worked.
          You nailed it with the defrag. You have to constantly defragment your HDD since you load it up with such large files and end up deleting them repeatedly whilst burning blu-ray discs. A defragmented HDD can easily cause a failed burn.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
            You nailed it with the defrag. You have to constantly defragment your HDD since you load it up with such large files and end up deleting them repeatedly whilst burning blu-ray discs. A defragmented HDD can easily cause a failed burn.
            I have a solid state drive in my computer and you not suppose to defrag them, what should I do as far as defragment?

Comment

Originally posted by Intelp4 View Post
              I have a solid state drive in my computer and you not suppose to defrag them, what should I do as far as defragment?
              Interesting... I have no experience with SSDs so I can't comment on that. Can you remember what has changed on your system since before it worked? Do you have automatic updating on? That can usually knock out something that once worked before.

Comment

Corrected problem

Believe it or not - I removed my new HP p1102w printer software from the DVDFab PC; after the removal every attempted burn was successful. Maybe strange but true. Thanks for all input.

Comment

Working...
                X