This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to blu-ray

I wondered if anyone could help? I am trying to back up some of my blu-ray movies using the blu-ray to blu-ray option but when asked to insert media I'm getting a No media detected in dive, please insert a compatible media to start the write process. I have tried verbatim BD-R disc's and Traxdata disc's.

I have also tried in the write data by adding in the source menu: DVDFab/temp/main movie/title of movie??/BDMV. It seems to burn something on the disc but when i try to play on my blu-ray player it wont. But then I have tried this way before with other movies and it plays o.k.

If anyone can comment it would be great.

Regards

Arch

What Blu-ray mode are you using, Full disc, Main Movie or clone? Also please read the Help Us Help You link in my sig. and post the requested info and that will also assist in problem shooting. (I'm actually heading out the door at the moment but post that info and if another forum member can't assist I'll do what I can when I get back)

Comment

Originally posted by aarch65 View Post
      I wondered if anyone could help? I am trying to back up some of my blu-ray movies using the blu-ray to blu-ray option but when asked to insert media I'm getting a No media detected in dive, please insert a compatible media to start the write process. I have tried verbatim BD-R disc's and Traxdata disc's.

I have also tried in the write data by adding in the source menu: DVDFab/temp/main movie/title of movie??/BDMV. It seems to burn something on the disc but when i try to play on my blu-ray player it wont. But then I have tried this way before with other movies and it plays o.k.

If anyone can comment it would be great.

Regards

Arch
      Hi aarch65,
      First if you are not using ImgBurn as your burn engine then you should.

second from the BD folder all you need is the BDMV and certificate files and you can drag and drop those in the "write files and folders" section of ImgBurn, then click on the calculator to see if it will fit on your disc.

any problems let us know.

Comment

Thanks for jumping in TD and great suggestion which I second btw. Re-reading the post I see the op was attempting Main Movie (what I get for being in a rush) and unless trying to compress to a BD9 or BD5 not sure why the compatible media pop up occured. (still not sure even then and trying to use a 25GB BD-r disc, I've never tried that) I'm guessing it's just the VSO burn engine complaining...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
          Thanks for jumping in TD and great suggestion which I second btw. Re-reading the post I see the op was attempting Main Movie (what I get for being in a rush) and unless trying to compress to a BD9 or BD5 not sure why the compatible media pop up occured. (still not sure even then and trying to use a 25GB BD-r disc, I've never tried that) I'm guessing it's just the VSO burn engine complaining...
          Yes that was my thought as W&B, will know more if the OP responds.

Comment

Hi touchdown,

Thanks for your reply. I have now downloaded ImgBurn and have added the BDMV and certificate files to the "write files and folders" section as you suggested. This has worked fine on a few of my blu-rays which works in my player, but some others work on my computer but not in my blu-ray player.

Any idea what could be wrong??

Cheers

Comment

I am assuming your player is a stand alone.
              One possibility is that you might need a firmware update ?

Comment

Working...
              X