its complicated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its complicated....

the problem(s ?) that im having is/are pretty much melting the skin off of my bones. i have no problem using FAB for regular dvd fuctions. FAB is perfect in this area. except for one, if i cancel, its take FAB way too long to close. i end up having to shut it via task manager. this is a brand new wrinkle as of a week ago.

the real problem lies in me doing BLU RAY to BLU RAY. FAB will copy a BLU RAY movie and save it to a file, but as for actually copying a BLU RAY movie, say ''let the right one in'', just wont do it. i have imgburn as the burning engine. fab recognizes the drive. disc size is good and also recognized.

the analyzing process is swift and worry free. when its time to copy and after loading a blank blu ray disc in the recognized driver, the ''no media detected in drive L'' message kills the dream. how can this be ? i have used the same drive to ''back up'' (snicker) plenty of regular dvd movies and videos. i have tried multiple usb ports and hubs. i have tried different burners. i havent tried different PCs (yet).

the need to knows (as best as i can explain. not very learned in pc speak)~
    1.ASUS (win 7) PC.
    2.external burners being used; ASUS sbc-06d1s-u, 2 optiarc bd-rom bc-5500s
    3.discs being used;memorex 25gb and tdk 50gb dl
    4.burning engine; imgburn
    (settings in FAB-write speed is ''recommended'', writable media (BD-25) size is ''23000'', writable media (BD-50) size is ''46100'')
    5.i open FAB (latest purchased version), load BLU RAY movie in optiarc drive
    6.click region zone
    7.passkey goes through motions
    8.after all the whurring sounds have stopped in the drives, FAB shows the correct info (movie title and blank BLU RAY disc size)
    9.i am in ''BLU RAY COPY (full disc)'' mode
    10.''remove hd audio'' box is unchecked
    11.BD25 1080p/i size 97% is fine
    12.i click ''start''
    13.it takes a REALLY long while but FAB tries, and fails, to detect writable media, then ejects the writable media. i should mention that no sound is coming from drive in which FAB is trying to detect.

i must reiterate that everything is detected when i use regular dvds. this is what baffles me. if something was not working, it shouldnt work for anything. i have emailed my situation and have received prompt replies but nothing to solve my dilemma. im not sure if this is the correct thread to put this in and im sure the kind mods will put this where it belongs.

i am literally on my knees praying that this problem is easily solved and i appreciate any and all help provided. sending my deepest thanks in advance.

Hi frank the tank
    I may be wrong but I think that your drives are BD-ROMs , they will read DVDs and Blu-Rays but will only write DVDs and not Blu-Rays.
    ASUS SBC-06D1S-U Black Blu-ray Combo Drive
    Writing Mode:
    DVD+R & DVD+R (DL): Sequential Write
    DVD-R & DVD-R(DL): Incremental Recording
    DVD+RW: Random Write
    DVD-RW: DAO/Incremental Recording
    DVD-RAM: Random Write
    CD-R/RW: DAO/TAO/SAO/Packet Write
    Optiarc BD-ROM BC-5500s
    Write
    DVD+/-R8xDVD+/-R DL4x
    DVD+/-RW4x
    DVD-RAM5x
    CD-R16x
    CD-RW10x

EDIT: Also please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 04-29-2011, 01:34 AM. Reason: EDIT
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

update;
      just dawned on me to try playing and copying from the same driver (as ive done with single burning drives on prior PCs). the imgburn setting have not been changed and i am using it. started copying process;
      the drive, in this case, external ASUS SBC-06D1S-U, is recognized as having ''let me in''
      analyzing completed
      now copying
      copying 00001.m2ts......
      10.10 (on avg) mb/s
      time elapsed 24+ min
      task time left 37+ min
      im hearing the normal sounds of a disc being copied.
      50% done at 8;30 pm.
      so far so good.
      up to 13+mb/s....63% done @ 8;37pm
      down to 5+mb/s.....67% done
      error message pops up....
      ''reading/writing error control - retry/abort/ignore/ignore all''
      im retrying
      message box disappears
      moving briskly @ 3+mb/s
      same error appears
      im ''ignoring''
      its erroring
      im ''ignoring'' again
      48min has elapsed
      box is gone
      im down to 2+mb/s and plummeting
      error message back @ 68%
      will ''ignore all'' again
      box gone again
      the 10+mb/s stat seem to be long gone
      down to 1.5mb/s
      ''task time left'' now at 2hr37min
      anticipating error message
      57min/68% into copying and im down to .8mb/s
      time now 9pm
      time elapsed 1hr4min
      task time left 4hr38min and climbing
      9;15pm and task time left is now at 8+hrs....WTMF ?!?!?!?!?!?
      the ''good'' part is no error message
      will continue once ive cooled off

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Hi frank the tank
        I may be wrong but I think that your drives are BD-ROMs , they will read DVDs and Blu-Rays but will only write DVDs and not Blu-Rays.
        ASUS SBC-06D1S-U Black Blu-ray Combo Drive
        Writing Mode:
        DVD+R & DVD+R (DL): Sequential Write
        DVD-R & DVD-R(DL): Incremental Recording
        DVD+RW: Random Write
        DVD-RW: DAO/Incremental Recording
        DVD-RAM: Random Write
        CD-R/RW: DAO/TAO/SAO/Packet Write
        Optiarc BD-ROM BC-5500sWriteDVD+/-R8xDVD+/-R DL4xDVD+/-RW4xDVD-RAM5xCD-R16xCD-RW10xCBR929
        D'OH @ ME !!!!!!!!!!! sometimes so much info at the time of buying gets blurry with whats expected and whats actual. i was fairly certain i was purchasing external bd playing AND writing drives. ty for solving my ignorance.

Comment

i do now have a question, is there a reliable external bd burning drive youd recommend ? i see meritline is selling an LG (this time im certain. for real) @ $200. received 2 reviews there (both favorable).
          Last edited by frank the tank; 04-29-2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frank the tank View Post
            D'OH @ ME !!!!!!!!!!! sometimes so much info at the time of buying gets blurry with whats expected and whats actual. i was fairly certain i was purchasing external bd playing AND writing drives. ty for solving my ignorance.
            Trust me I am sure that you are not the first person to do this
            Reading and writing are two different fruits.
            Glad to help anyway
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

the problem(s ?) that im having is/are pretty much melting the skin off of my bones. i have no problem using FAB for regular dvd fuctions. FAB is perfect in this area. except for one, if i cancel, its take FAB way too long to close. i end up having to shut it via task manager. this is a brand new wrinkle as of a week ago.

the real problem lies in me doing BLU RAY to BLU RAY. FAB will copy a BLU RAY movie and save it to a file, but as for actually copying a BLU RAY movie, say ''let the right one in'', just wont do it. i have imgburn as the burning engine. fab recognizes the drive. disc size is good and also recognized.

the analyzing process is swift and worry free. when its time to copy and after loading a blank blu ray disc in the recognized driver, the ''no media detected in drive L'' message kills the dream. how can this be ? i have used the same drive to ''back up'' (snicker) plenty of regular dvd movies and videos. i have tried multiple usb ports and hubs. i have tried different burners. i havent tried different PCs (yet).

the need to knows (as best as i can explain. not very learned in pc speak)~
              1.ASUS (win 7) PC.
              2.external burners being used; ASUS sbc-06d1s-u, 2 optiarc bd-rom bc-5500s
              3.discs being used;memorex 25gb and tdk 50gb dl
              4.burning engine; imgburn
              (settings in FAB-write speed is ''recommended'', writable media (BD-25) size is ''23000'', writable media (BD-50) size is ''46100'')
              5.i open FAB (latest purchased version), load BLU RAY movie in optiarc drive
              6.click region zone
              7.passkey goes through motions
              8.after all the whurring sounds have stopped in the drives, FAB shows the correct info (movie title and blank BLU RAY disc size)
              9.i am in ''BLU RAY COPY (full disc)'' mode
              10.''remove hd audio'' box is unchecked
              11.BD25 1080p/i size 97% is fine
              12.i click ''start''
              13.it takes a REALLY long while but FAB tries, and fails, to detect writable media, then ejects the writable media. i should mention that no sound is coming from drive in which FAB is trying to detect.

i must reiterate that everything is detected when i use regular dvds. this is what baffles me. if something was not working, it shouldnt work for anything. i have emailed my situation and have received prompt replies but nothing to solve my dilemma. im not sure if this is the correct thread to put this in and im sure the kind mods will put this where it belongs.

i am literally on my knees praying that this problem is easily solved and i appreciate any and all help provided. sending my deepest thanks in advance.
              Also no need to run passkey as Fab removes all protections.
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

ty d-zoe.

i guess passkey is for people who dont want to buy fab ? i remember the good ol days when burning was a snap. i only recently started using imgburn. been a long time fab user and very rarely came across snags. put the discs in and presto. now it seems the more technology there is the more confusing and time consuming things get. from what ive read, 2 hrs is a good time for copying a BD to a file. thats insane.

anyway, slow and steady i guess is the way to go now. again, ty and all else who helped straighten me out.

Comment

im wondering what are the avg times of bd---> dvd, bd---> hdd and hdd ---> disc ? seems like everything is taking next to forever when BD is involved....almost not worth it. then again, i was so very wrong with my initial gripe.

Comment

i do now have a question, is there a reliable external bd burning drive youd recommend ? i see meritline is selling an LG (this time im certain. for real) @ $200. received 2 reviews there (both favorable).
                    I had and LG when I 1st started getting into this. Had trouble recognizing LTH media. And LG's website had no support or firmware updates. Not that All LG burners are bad, I just had a bad experience with this one. Returned it for a Pioneer bdr-205 from pioneer's website for $149 free shipping. So far excellent drive with good support. Also purchased Vantec external enclosure with Esata. all Around $220.

Comment

I have no problem whatsoever with my LG BD Burner. I actually have 2 of them and they work swimmingly with BD-R DL, which I heard somewhere that it doesn't burn, as well as LTH media.

Comment

try pricewatch.com for a price on a blu ray burner

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
                          I have no problem whatsoever with my LG BD Burner. I actually have 2 of them and they work swimmingly with BD-R DL, which I heard somewhere that it doesn't burn, as well as LTH media.
                          Like I said. The LG model I had had some difficulties. But that was my experience. I'm sure LG makes some great burners. I just heard nothing but great things about pioneer. I just decided to go that route.

Comment

i went with the lg. i have an lg do-it-all (except blu ray) burner and its been flawless.

any way, ive been semi successful with burning. some movies i have issues with for some reason. ''let me in'' stops at 69% and says it needs 14 more hrs. also ''let the right one in'' has a dvdfab watermark on the top left. comes and goes (annoying). im sure ill come across other movies with snags. any remedies to these flicks ?
                            Last edited by frank the tank; 05-05-2011, 02:01 AM.

Comment

also ''let the right one in'' has a dvdfab watermark on the top left. comes and goes (annoying). im sure ill come across other movies with snags. any remedies to these flicks ?
                              The watermark is only imbedded in rips with the trial version.
                              It will not be imbedded once the module is properly activated with your license.
                              However, activating the product will not erase the Fab logo on the previously ripped files; these will have to be re-ripped.

If this is still occurring, you have a product activation problem.
                              As to specific "problem" BDs, I don't have either of these BD discs, but we'll need details re: specific failures.
                              The logs for a start.

Often, just cleaning the disc will resolve the excessive time issue.
                              Please do this regardless of the disc's appearance
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                              X