Setting ImgBurn as Default Burning Agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting ImgBurn as Default Burning Agent

I am having some real issues with version 8.0.8.5. Nothing but problems with this version...

One issue is that I cannot make ImgBurn the default application for burning to blank BD.

The other is that version 8.0.8.5 insists on going the 50 GB route even though I have specifically keyed in that the default is to be 25 GB.

I've have been using DVDFab for a while and have always been able to define my default settings. This version does not do as requested.

Has anyone been able to fix it?

BTW, guys, I know how to read so, if you're going to reply, please don't repeat what the program says one should do because I've tried it many times, and it does NOT work. Thank you.

Would appreciate input from anyone who has successfully taken care of this issue though.

Posted to Wrong Forum

I meant to post this to the Blu Ray Copy forum. Don't know how to move it there. Help! Thanks
    Last edited by Complication; 05-05-2011, 01:26 PM. Reason: removed non-needed quote

Comment

Have you installed any beta QT versions also while having 8085 installed? If so that may be the problem. The QT version has been reported not to store settings and it shares the same uictl_customize.xml file as 8085 in the hidden apps folder and may be changing the settings back.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
        Have you installed any beta QT versions also while having 8085 installed? If so that may be the problem. The QT version has been reported not to store settings and it shares the same uictl_customize.xml file as 8085 in the hidden apps folder and may be changing the settings back.
        Actually, no. Version 8085 is the only DVDFab version that I have installed.

I was happy using version 8073, but I can no longer access it (for whatever reason) so I deleted it and am taking my chances with 8085 in spite of all the many complaints I've read about this DVDFab version.

Why do you think new beta versions are being created instead of just fixing this one first? It makes one wonder...

Comment

Originally posted by bearlight View Post

I was happy using version 8073, but I can no longer access it (for whatever reason) so I deleted it and am taking my chances with 8085 in spite of all the many complaints I've read about this DVDFab version.

Why do you think new beta versions are being created instead of just fixing this one first? It makes one wonder...
          We had fix a burning issue in 8088Beta and 8089Beta, so you can have a try, and should be no issue.
          Best Regards.
          Joe
          Last edited by qbs.cn; 05-06-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearlight View Post

I've not seen any reports of v.8085 not retaining settings but I did experience some similar problems with the QT versions. Since you never installed any of those then I really don't know what might be wrong on your end.

Fab devs will not be "fixing" 8085. That's the point to newer betas, updated protection fixes and bug fixes. The future of Fab is QT builds so try the latest beta 8089 like qbs.cn suggested. oldapps.com has older versions of Fab you can d/l but older versions are no longer supported.

Comment

Working...
            X