This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD-R 25 actual size?

I use the "main movie" option to compress to a BD-R 25GB size, my option in DVDFAB says the write size is 23,866 MB, and my blank BD-R has a free file size of 25,025,314,816 bytes

when using Imageburn, it always says im only using 95% of the free disc space...is this optimal, or can I get closer to 100%?

..I am assuming this is just for leeway for compression algorythms?

I used a conversion calculator and it does come out to 23,866 MB.

so Im confused why its only 95% of the disc?

Comment

I would suggest not going for the 100% mark since thats where most errors occur at the edges of the disc (the burn starts at the center to the outer edge) and even if you succeed and the disc is mishandled ususally the damage is at the edge.

Comment

50GB to 25GB A WASTE OF TIME

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
        I would suggest not going for the 100% mark since thats where most errors occur at the edges of the disc (the burn starts at the center to the outer edge) and even if you succeed and the disc is mishandled ususally the damage is at the edge.
        @ Wild and Blue, your sentiments are my point exactly with regards to BD "MAIN MOVIE" size. Your reference to outer edge errors is a known fact. Now my campaigning at these forums suggesting to the users of DVDFAB BD to BD look past the much suggested 25GB compression method and begin to really enjoy the benefits of using this software. Using the proper like size 50GB DL BD-RE or BD media has many benefits but one you make obvious when backing up particularly the "MAIN MOVIE".

Using 50GB BD media my back ups don't burn to the outer edge ( less the likely error issue you reference). Depending on the title and whether it plays in letterbox or anamorphic widescreen. My BD back ups all except 1 are on 50GB BD media and most take up less than 3/4 of the 50GB BD DL media surface. Did I say I just backed up "MR BROOKS" assisted by another foxy software and burned using DVDFAB BD to BD in less than 3.5 hours. My 50GB BD back ups are done minus any compression time which I've found makes for all these outrageous back up times I read about here 6hrs to 27hrs? for 1 single compressed (less true HD) back up? and we blame it on the PC?

As you guys may already know I have a lifetime subscription to DVDFAB BD to BD and as this software continues to get tested and tweaked I'm just here making my helpful suggestions as to what would make a better user experience. So you want to back up your BD collection? Get yourself a 50GB DL BD-RE Rewritable media, oh and get yourself a 25GB BD-RE and watch as you notice you'll have no need for it as 50GB BD-RE media makes your trial and error tolerable, you can fit any BD movie title on it, Your end result is a full HD back up with space left over, You can back up all any BD titles to your 1TB hard drive ( or any many as you see fit) then burn and erase the title as you please. My point here is work smarter not harder. An educated consumer is a happy consumer.
        Last edited by LEGIN27; 11-17-2009, 04:01 AM.

Comment

@ LEGIN27, Technically I agree backing up a BD disc to a BD50gb DL disc will give the best playback possible although a lot of members will say it is a VERY subjective discussion. The point of compression to a 25GB disc is basically to save money and as stated some will argue that you can't see a difference with the naked eye. your point is taken and understood. Also all feedback is welcome, Thankyou for yours.

Now my gripe as a mod with your post and I say this with complete respect to you and everyone on this forum that's either purchased Fab, using the free version or thinking of doing either. PLEASE stop mentioning that "other" software in your post. This is the DVDFab forum and Fengtao has mentioned many many times Fab is a stand alone product and no other product is needed. He wrote the rules and we all will abide by them. You are a valued customer and to make Fab a better product please make suggestions as to how you would like to see it improved upon. We all know the Blu-ray option is still in beta and hopefully soon all problems will be solved and the world will continue to spin. I'll even extend myself as to ask that you do not mention DVDFab on the "other" softwares forum out of respect to them. I'm sure they don't allow it as they have their set of rules in place.
          The next post I see of yours and this has happened on more than one occasion that you mentioned ever so cleverly other products, I will delete the post with no warning what so ever. Again I'll ask it with the upmost respect to you, PLEASE don't let it happen again.

Comment

The DVDFAB consumer says...........

I speak openly at the other software's forum with (moderators) about DVDFAB BD to BD with no problem and granted it's not done in bad taste i.e. putting anyone or software down (I am LEGIN27 there too). Now this is a forum where you want your buying public is to voice their opinions respectfully and not gagged as if the objective is from the poster or forum member or software owner is to curse someone here or the product. Can you speak openly about what appears to be a riff or a beef the makers of this software (Fengtao) and the other software. I'll be the 1st to say an internal riff is between you (the makers of DVDFAB) and the other software makers but to harass your posting customer's about what appears to be some sort of misguided sensitivity is absurd. I'm supposed to lie (sugar coated replies) about what works for me. The software's do compliment each other. What is this prejudice really about?

I've read flaming (disgruntled forum member) post recently here at these forums regarding the other product (the other software was clearly mentioned by name)and in response nothing at all was said (The post was not edited?). So please explain what the hyper sensitivity is towards my posted comments and the other software. Your sending the wrong message. Remember I do own both products in question here. I, people, use your product. How do you expect to grow your product with this kind of childish rhetoric. Pardon please, my adult jargon as I am a full grown man. Please do what you must. But I will suggest you and anyone else following your referenced programmed doctrine. I am the "customer"! If this riff is so important to abide by, might you mention it (written disclaimer) before purchase and see how may people choose to buy. This is strait non-sense.

Comment

This is not "straight nonsense" and W&B is absolutely correct in that references to competive products are not allowed on this forum and will not be allowed.

If you continue in the vein that you have, you will find that your privileges on this forum will be revoked, first temporarily and then permanently.

Please have the common courtesy to refrain from doing this and I have issued an infraction against you, particularly for your attitude to our new moderator, Wild and Blue who has been good enough to volunteer to assist forum members.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Doing what?

Comment

You know what !!!

1. Posting competitive products
                  2. Arguing with moderators.

No more discussion will be enetered into and if you persist, I will take further action.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I frequent the other forum and they do not tolerate mentioning of competitor products

Comment

LEGIN27 you have hi-jacked this thread and that is against forum rules and if you can not help the OP with his problem using DVDFab only then do not post here

Comment

1st my apologies to the original poster that started this thread, if you still need help/advice please start another thread.

@ LEGIN27, I am a new mod here and no i'm not on a power trip and have shown respect to you asking you comply with the rules you agreed to when joining this forum. If you don't agree I urge you to report my post to an administrator as their judgement is final. If I'm wrong for anything I've said I'll apologize right now. I'm one of the most easy going people you'll ever meet and I've always been kind to other members before I was put in this position and will continue to do so. This is not the place for "arguing" period. Thread is closed.

Administrator's Note: The moderators are right, LEGIN27 is wrong and apparently feels that rules that apply to everyone else do not apply to him for some reason. LEGIN27 is on probation and will not be making new posts for a few days to give him the opportunity to read the forum rules and general policies. If you do not abide by them in the future you will be permanently banned. This includes respecting instructions from Moderators.
                        Last edited by W&B; 11-17-2009, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X