Full Disc Backps will not play in Blu Ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Disc Backps will not play in Blu Ray player

I have backed up some complete Blu Rays to 50gb Verbatims. All play properly in my Panasonic DMR-BW780 which I expected they would because it is after all a blu ray recorder (records TV to Blu ray etc..) The discs burnt are Tron Legacy, Avatar 2D, The Hurt Locker, Golden Compass and Ghost Town.
    When I try to play Tron Legacy, Hurt Locker and Avatar in a Sharp Aquos blu ray player it always comes back with incompatible disc and ejects it, except for the Avatar copy which just produces a black screen.
    My backups are full disc to HDD, remove protection, software encoding decoding, Lightning Burn, Default size BD50.
    I have tried removing region code and keeping region code but this makes no difference, they will still not play in the Sharp player.
    Do any of you have any suggestions please?
    P.S. I have also tied burning exactly the same files using ImgBurn and the Blu Ray Copy in built burner. Neither make any difference.
    Last edited by crazyhorse; 05-09-2011, 12:29 AM. Reason: burner informatiomn

Yep, check firmware updates & BR forums for the Sharp or buy a new BR player unfortunately...
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Yep, check firmware updates & BR forums for the Sharp or buy a new BR player unfortunately...
      Thanks for the quick reply.
      Because a couple of backups play is it necessary to update the firmware? Also, how would I update the firmware without connecting to a network?
      Cheers...

Comment

Newer Blu-rays may need firmware update in order for your Blu-ray to play them. As for internet connection you can download the firmware update to flash/thumb drive and install to Blu-ray player using that

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Newer Blu-rays may need firmware update in order for your Blu-ray to play them. As for internet connection you can download the firmware update to flash/thumb drive and install to Blu-ray player using that
          Lol....newer blu rays . This sharp blu Ray I bought last year, was told it was one of the latest models by Currys (a UK electricals retailer). Have now discovered it was around in 2008 and is now discontinued. Not going there again..needless to say
          Anyway I have updated the firmware and it is working great now .
          Just hope they keep updating firmwares for it?

Thanks to everybody

Comment

After Avatar playing successfully I thought that the rest would work. Unfortunately not. Tron Legacy and Hurt Locker will still not play

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhorse View Post
              After Avatar playing successfully I thought that the rest would work. Unfortunately not. Tron Legacy and Hurt Locker will still not play
              Some players become out dated and they will not update the FW for them any more. Do a search on the net for your player and tron and see if any results come back!
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhorse View Post
                Lol....newer blu rays . This sharp blu Ray I bought last year, was told it was one of the latest models by Currys (a UK electricals retailer). Have now discovered it was around in 2008 and is now discontinued. Not going there again..needless to say
                Anyway I have updated the firmware and it is working great now .
                Just hope they keep updating firmwares for it?

Thanks to everybody
                I was never big on sharp products. When I chose my player I knew I would be using it to play back-ups. I wanted a player that I knew would recognize many different types of discs or had lots of firmware support. Players like Sony, Oppo, Samsung, and Pioneer usually do.

Comment

Ok, yeah I didn't think I would be playing backups when I bought it originally. Thanks for the tip about which players could be compatible, I take it all of these makers models play the backups? I tried to find out thru google yesterday but there doesn't seem to be much info about this.
                  I have another question thats a bit off this subject if you could answer this? Am I able to play the backups that are stored on my drive through Cyberlink PowerDVD in the original format they were plaved on the drive (ready to burn) ?

Comment

Working...
                  X