Main Movie copy issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Movie copy issue

I never saw this with DVD's, but with several Blu-rays I have multiple tracks to choose from that look identical. The latest was Star Trek First Contact. When I choose main movie there are three selections that look like the movie. All three are 1080p, 2 hours long, with HD 5.1 audio. I copy the top one to disc and try to play it. On my PS3 I get no audio, on my computer it works but the audio is 2 channel even though in DVDfab I selected the HD 5.1 track.

Is there any way to know which of the three selections to choose? I just want the movie itself with HD 5.1 audio.

Trust the program and let it select the right title for you. I've done this backing up dozens upon dozens of my blu-ray movies to Main Movie and it has yet to fail me.

Comment

Originally posted by WallyWest View Post
      I never saw this with DVD's, but with several Blu-rays I have multiple tracks to choose from that look identical. The latest was Star Trek First Contact. When I choose main movie there are three selections that look like the movie. All three are 1080p, 2 hours long, with HD 5.1 audio. I copy the top one to disc and try to play it. On my PS3 I get no audio, on my computer it works but the audio is 2 channel even though in DVDfab I selected the HD 5.1 track.

Is there any way to know which of the three selections to choose? I just want the movie itself with HD 5.1 audio.
      Some of the movies have multiple movies in different languages in the right pane you will see the different languages should match the number of titles you have. When you select one let the disc analyze and then watch it down in the little player for a sec to make sure you have what you selected!
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
        Trust the program and let it select the right title for you. I've done this backing up dozens upon dozens of my blu-ray movies to Main Movie and it has yet to fail me.
        That's what I did, and I'm having the issues stated.

No audio at all on my PS3 when playing the .m2ts file. I have other movies in that format that play fine.

Originally posted by DiabloZoe
        Some of the movies have multiple movies in different languages in the right pane you will see the different languages should match the number of titles you have. When you select one let the disc analyze and then watch it down in the little player for a sec to make sure you have what you selected!
        Ok in this is exactly what I have.

First option has the following audio tracks.

English AC-3 True HD/5.1
        French AC-3/5.1
        Spanish AC-3/5.1
        English AC-3/2
        English AC-3/2
        English AC-3/2

It also has several subpicture tracks, which I assume are subtitles.

This is the one I ripped to the computer. I only selected the first audio track, the English TrueHD track.

Second option has the same exact audio tracks listed. Only difference is no subpicture tracks.

Third option has only one audio track, English AC-3 TrueHD/5.1. No subpicture tracks.

So all three options have the audio that I want, the English TrueHD track.

Comment

Ugh, this is ridiculous.

Ok, I also copied the whole disc and used TSmuxer. There's only one file on the disc that could possibly be the movie. Loading that in TSmuxer it has all the options I saw before with DVDfab. English TrueHD, french DD, spanish DD. Ok, I only selected the video and the English TrueHD track. Created a .m2ts file from that.

Same thing, video plays but no audio.

I then tried playing the original file as it was pulled from the disc. It has audio, in French or Spanish. No English, unless you get all the way to the commentary tracks. Both DVDfab and TSMuxer show a English TrueHD track in that file, but it will not play.

Weird thing is on my laptop which has JRiver media center it works. Even the file I created with TSMuxer, it has English audio. Playback is a little weird, there's something wrong with it. Every 10 seconds or so it acts like you pressed the fast forward button. The opposite of a video that's lagging and choppy, it speeds up for a second or two. But it has audio.

Oh, and if I stick the disc itself in my PS3 it plays fine. English TrueHD audio.
          Last edited by CBR929; 05-23-2011, 08:45 PM. Reason: Uneeded words

Comment

That's what I did, and I'm having the issues stated.

No audio at all on my PS3 when playing the .m2ts file. I have other movies in that format that play fine.

Ok in this is exactly what I have.

First option has the following audio tracks.

English AC-3 True HD/5.1
            French AC-3/5.1
            Spanish AC-3/5.1
            English AC-3/2
            English AC-3/2
            English AC-3/2

It also has several subpicture tracks, which I assume are subtitles.

This is the one I ripped to the computer. I only selected the first audio track, the English TrueHD track.

Second option has the same exact audio tracks listed. Only difference is no subpicture tracks.

Third option has only one audio track, English AC-3 TrueHD/5.1. No subpicture tracks.

So all three options have the audio that I want, the English TrueHD track.
            You said you had 3 titles you will have to pick usually 801 or 800 or 01 and select the dts hd track let it analyze and then watch it in the small window on the bottom left. You might have to select the track on your ps3 after that!
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

The PS3 will not play DTS or HD audio from a file. Only from disc. This is a Sony imposed limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                The PS3 will not play DTS or HD audio from a file. Only from disc. This is a Sony imposed limitation.

Do you know if the Xbox 360 has the same limitation? Could it play the original file with the HD audio stream?
                Last edited by CBR929; 05-23-2011, 08:46 PM. Reason: Uneeded words

Comment

Do you know if the Xbox 360 has the same limitation? Could it play the original file with the HD audio stream?
                  With movie files, the Xbox 360 only plays Dolby Digital, no HD audio codecs are supported.
                  Last edited by SuperFist; 05-24-2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Using player to view titles

Not sure about bluray but many DVDs had 2 titles. One was full screen 4:3 and another letterbox 16:9. Like you, I've also noticed multiple titles on a bluray with the same description. Not sure why. Another method would be to simply play the original disc in your standalone player and see which title # it plays.
                    Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

Comment

Working...
                    X