cuda issue: had to disable for Narnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cuda issue: had to disable for Narnia

Unaccountably, I had to disable "Software+CUDA" encode before I was able to copy the Prince Caspian BD-R. I tried 3 times using two different systems running 8.0.8.5. Win7/64 had a gtx280 and Vista/64 had both gtx460 and 9800gtx. Both system never got past 0.65% done with "H.264: Software + CUDA" although the analysis completed ok.

On the Vista64, I disabled "Software + CUDA" and enabled lightening decode and was able to get past the 0.65 barrier. "Software+Cuda" encode had been working fine on both systems just the day before with other BD-Rs that I wanted copies of.

I created a BD50 "Full Disk" ISO image easily (no recode was involved) and once that image was created I used that file as input when attempting to save just the main movie as BD25.

I have found that when things go wrong that making an unencrypted image and then working from that image can reduce overheating of the burner/player.

Anyway, It would be nice if this problem could be debugged and solved.

Originally posted by BeemerBiker View Post
    Unaccountably, I had to disable "Software+CUDA" encode before I was able to copy the Prince Caspian BD-R. I tried 3 times using two different systems running 8.0.8.5. Win7/64 had a gtx280 and Vista/64 had both gtx460 and 9800gtx. Both system never got past 0.65% done with "H.264: Software + CUDA" although the analysis completed ok.

On the Vista64, I disabled "Software + CUDA" and enabled lightening decode and was able to get past the 0.65 barrier. "Software+Cuda" encode had been working fine on both systems just the day before with other BD-Rs that I wanted copies of.

I created a BD50 "Full Disk" ISO image easily (no recode was involved) and once that image was created I used that file as input when attempting to save just the main movie as BD25.

I have found that when things go wrong that making an unencrypted image and then working from that image can reduce overheating of the burner/player.

Anyway, It would be nice if this problem could be debugged and solved.
    Hi BeemerBiker
    Please post the internal log,
    You can find that:
    on Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    on Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    on XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Best Regards
    Joe

Comment

I put a zip file containing 3 internal logs here

Shows that on 5/22 at 19:49 I attempted to copy PRC1NNE1 which is Narnia Prince Caspian. After 29 minutes I canceled out as it never got past 0.65%. This system had two gpu's. One was Nvidia gtx570 and the other was ATI 5850. Other than BOINC applications this system is not used much. I terminated BOINC before attempting to use your BluRay copy program which I always do, since both programs use CUDA. Driver was 275.27 (latest beta) and is on all my systems which all have 4 cores and are part of a BOINC farm.

Shows that on 5/22 at 20:20 I attempted to copy PRC1NNE1 which is Narnia Prince Caspian. After 66 minutes I canceled out as it never got past %.65. This system had a single Nvidia gtx280. At 21:27 I attempted a 2nd run, this time for 103 minutes before canceling out. I got exactly 0.65 percent complete - same as before. I then tried a vista64 system.

The dates in the following log are not consistent with the above two logs. I only have one Narnia set, which I purchased, and could not have done the 213 minutes at the same time as the above Q9550 attempt at 19:49 on the same day.

log Amd2x290vista64
      Shows that on 5/22 19:45 I spent 213 minutes successfully copying PRC1NNE1 to BD50. On 5/23 I spent 317 minutes attempting to convert from BD50 to BD25. I canceled out as it never got past 0.65 % I tried again for 28 minutes before canceling and restarting for another 36 seconds. At 13:18 I then disabled SOFTWARE+CUDA and it took only 142 minutes to successfully make a copy. There was no pause at 0.65% when running with "Software" and "Lightening Recode" only. This system has a gtx460 and a 9800gtx

In all cases I stopped BOINC and there were no CUDA tasks running when DVDFab was started.

Best Regards
      Last edited by BeemerBiker; 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Hi BeemerBiker
        Please do not compress from your drive
        First save it to your HDD as BD50 without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and use "Movie Only" mode select BD25 to compress to another folder on your hard drive.
        Use the "Write Data" mode of Fab to open this COMPRESSED folder and burn to a disk.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

You can also try the latest version of Fab found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12916
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X