8092 version does not remember settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 days of trying, I give up, going back to older version.
    I know how to make "Settings" selections, save, restart program, settings are now remembered. Been doing this since the beginning of DVD-Fab.
    In the 8092 version settings do not "stick", or some settings stick randomly.

#1. The "READ" section, retry/ignore/abort. I had one disc with errors, I set settings to "Ignore" for that specific disc. After I was done with that disc, I tried reverting to "Ask". No luck. Saved, restarted, "Ignore" still selected. I had to uninstall/reinstall program and finally the setting "Ask" finally stuck. NOT normal software behavior.

#2. I am very satisfied using "Software" for all encoding/decoding functions. Again, I had to struggle with program to get it to quit using CUDA, etc. Every time I would select all "Software", upon start I would notice that various hardware modes were enabled. Stop, reset everything to "Software", save, restart program, hardware encoding still selected. After about a dozen abort/set/save/restart, abort/set/save/restart, etc, the all "Software" finally stuck. NOT normal software behavior.

#3. Not so lucky with the program forever asking for the region/zone code. I answered and selected "DO NOT ASK AGAIN". Yes, the program does not ask again for the same title, but will ask again for the next title. In BATCH mode, this is a killer, because that is what a BATCH is for: unattended execution (no prompts for someone to answer). I tried forever to select my zone and select "DO NOT ASK AGAIN", but this will not stick.

So, after 10 days of trying, I give up, going back to older version.

Please make new versions of program remember settings the first time when they are saved, as it's always been the case.

Thanks,

ccris

I just wanted to update everybody (perhaps others experiencing the same issues) with the reply I have received from Tech Support.

Issue #1 (Reading Error Control not being remembered):
    "Please understand that our developers are working" ... "and we will try our best to fix it as soon as possible in the future"
    Great! Thanks!

Issue #2 ("All software" setting remembered only after struggling with the program):
    "You should understand that" ..."DVDFab will enable DXVA or CUDA acceleration every time you open DVDFab automatically."
    I beg to differ on this one.
    That is correct for THE FIRST TIME DVDFab is started.
    That is not correct if "SOFTWARE" is selected in settings and saved.
    That is exactly why "SOFTWARE" is selected in settings and saved: so DVDFab will NOT enable hardware acceleration every time you open DVDFab automatically.
    Perhaps this issue will be read by someone at DVDFab who understand better how the program is supposed to work and address this issue.

Issue #3 (Program prompting forever for region code):
    This was not addressed by reply from Tech Support.

Tech Support also suggested "uninstall and reinstall the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.9.2".

It was not explained if that would be a new 8092 build, different than the 8092 version I already have.
    Does anyone know if DVDFab releases different builds with the same version number? (I do not want to go through the motions of uninstalling, reinstalling and experimenting with exactly the same version/build I already have).

ccris

Comment

You will need to wait for a new version number. DVDFab does not make another build of the same version (unless it was corrupt in the fiirst place).

I'll add that the following setting is also not remembered and is lost as soon as DVDFab reboots and to apply the new settings:

Streams > Subpicture > If none meets my selection criteria: Do not select any track.

Comment

Hi ccris,

Thank you for the report, we will check these issues asap.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
        X