Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot copy Gettysburg

Hi,

I have a problem making an iso of "Gettysburg".

After a while when trying to read the disc DVDFab encounters a problem and crashes. Same with the version before.

The disc works well on a standalone player and has no scratches...

Dirk

Hi dirki

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi dirki

or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
      CBR929
      Hi,

please find the requested logs attached.

Thanks for your help!

Dirk
      Attached Files

Comment

Any suggestions so far?

Comment

Originally posted by dirki View Post
          Any suggestions so far?
          Yep, please take your disc back to the store for exchange. It's a bad disc. And yes, it will play on standalone player because player can skip bad sectors easily; DVDFab can't because you ask to produce copy, not play the content...
          sigpic

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            Yep, please take your disc back to the store for exchange. It's a bad disc. And yes, it will play on standalone player because player can skip bad sectors easily; DVDFab can't because you ask to produce copy, not play the content...
            Sorry, the disc was ok. No read errors as I made an iso with imgage burn and a copy of the disc content itself on my hdd.

The iso encounters the same problem with DVDFab.

I'm quite sure it's a DVDFab problem!

Dirk

Comment

Yea, you could make an ISO without problem. ISO is just a "picture" of your disc, not bit-by-bit encoded copy. There's a difference between the two. Anyway, let's wait for second (or third, or fourth) opinion that will satisfy you...
              In a meanwhile, your comment "Sorry, the disc was ok." slightly disturbing to me. I hope you are not in violation of copyright and rules of this forum... Are you??
              Last edited by IPopov50; 06-02-2011, 09:29 PM.
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

In a meanwhile, your comment "Sorry, the disc was ok." slightly disturbing to me. I hope you are not in violation of copyright and rules of this forum... Are you??
                I mean "is ok"! And here in Germany no shop will exchange a disc when the seal is broken...

Comment

Wait, I've got completely confused. In your OP you are saying that you having problems creating ISO... In your last post you are saying that you had no problem creating ISO and you have it on your HDD. And your disc was OK, meaning you do not have that disc anymore... Very confusing and doesn't smells right
                  sigpic

Comment

Wait, I've got completely confused. In your OP you are saying that you having problems creating ISO... In your last post you are saying that you had no problem creating ISO and you have it on your HDD. And your disc was OK, meaning you do not have that disc anymore... Very confusing and doesn't smells right
                    To disturb your confusion: I just mentioned that I made a writing mistake. May happen sometimes...

I'm not a native english speaker, sorry!

I tried to make an iso of my disc with imgburn to my hdd to check if there is anything wrong with the disc itself. Normally if you have a bad disc you cannot even copy it to your hdd and get read errors.

To check this was my only purpose and I don't think that this will violate the forum rules or even is forbidden.

So once more: the surface of the disc seems to be ok and it works well on my PC and my standalone player.
                    I meanwile come to know that other parties have a solution for this disc.
                    Last edited by dirki; 06-02-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Hey, I'm not native english speaker either, I understand you. Forget it! Let's talk about the problem. Here's what generated my confusion:
                      (a) in your original post (OP) you are saying:
                      (b) in your post #3 you've attached burning log showed success with Beauty and the Beast and hiccup with Gettysburg. DVDFab internal log shows no signs of problem. Apparently this hiccup is on VSO side, which is not unusual.

(c) in your post #6 you saying:
                      I made an iso with imgage burn and a copy of the disc content itself on my hdd.
                      And that's where I've got confused. What seems the problem???

I think you should start from the beginning and explain your problem in greater detail, step-by-step. That will help us to help you.
                      sigpic

Comment

(c) in your post #6 you saying:

And that's where I've got confused. What seems the problem???

I think you should start from the beginning and explain your problem in greater detail, step-by-step. That will help us to help you.
                        Ok, once again:

the problem is that the original disc will not open with DVDFab and after a while of trying to open it DVDFab chrashes.

So, I've tried to make an iso with imgburn on my hdd which succeeded.

Then I tried to open the imgburn-iso with DVDFab but again without success. DVDFAb has the same problem.

I hope this description will help you to understand my problem.

Dirk

Comment

V 8095 has been released.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the new beta.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with my disc.

It now opens the disc and then begins to analyse for about 45 minutes with the result of stopping at 98% with error code=1000(505.00 259)

Comment

I'm telling you, you have a bad disc. Exchange is a cure for your problem. I find hard to believe that you can't exchange bad disc (not just in Germany, anywhere). I'm talking about exchange, not return.

Hi,

thanks for the new beta.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with my disc.

It now opens the disc and then begins to analyse for about 45 minutes with the result of stopping at 98% with error code=1000(505.00 259)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X