This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Format to rip to nas

Hi. I am starting to back up my blu rays to NAS to be played with a stand alone media player like ASUS or WD. What is the best way to do it with DVD Fab? I have ripped one movie and copied just the temp file folder which had .m2ts. The main movie was 18g single file and this played well on my ASUS medial player.

I want to copy the main movie to the NAS with no loss of data or compression. What is the best format? .mt2s/mkv or any other. How do I convert one HD format to another if need be?

There is currently no Blu-Ray conversion available in Fab although the developers have it on the drawing board.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Copying the individual M2TS files after decryption in DVDFab will net you what you are looking for as long as your players are fine with the video codecs (ex. PS3 won't play VC-1). If DVDFab creates more than one M2TS file for a title then you can use tsMuxeR to combine them into one (and/or remove some unneeded audio tracks).

Comment

Working...
      X