Does not work with XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not work with XP

I tried the new Beta on my XP machine. Same as all the other QT version's, it won't open. System restore and back to 8.0.8.5. I don't know what was introduced with the QT version, but it doesn't work on my basic dual core windows XP computer.

Hi bmiller,

Please download DVDFab v8095 beta again, and re-install it to see the result.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I tried that. Same result

Comment

I downloaded and installed version 8.0.9.5 QT beta this morning and am still getting the same error message from a Microsoft pop up. No error log from DVDFab. I am including an attachment that has the error log reporting file that is sent to Microsoft. Please help. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bmiller View Post
          I tried the new Beta on my XP machine. Same as all the other QT version's, it won't open. System restore and back to 8.0.8.5. I don't know what was introduced with the QT version, but it doesn't work on my basic dual core windows XP computer.
          Originally posted by RoCoLTD View Post
          I downloaded and installed version 8.0.9.5 QT beta this morning and am still getting the same error message from a Microsoft pop up. No error log from DVDFab. I am including an attachment that has the error log reporting file that is sent to Microsoft. Please help. Thanks.
          I assume that your system is up to date with the latest Windows Updates, correct? Skipping these updates can cause future havoc on your system with newer programs. Take it from someone whose been down that road several times - always update your PC!
          Last edited by SuperFist; 06-04-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
            I assume that your system is up to date with the latest Windows Updates, correct? Skipping these updates can cause future havoc on your system with newer programs. Take it from someone whose been down that road several times - always update your PC!
            @ SuperFist

RoCoLTD is running XP with SP3 installed.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Updated graphic drivers?

Comment

Everything is up to date with the latest and greatest drivers.

Comment

Your anti virus program is NHN Anti-Virus?

nscore.dll errors typically occur when operating system is unable to access a program. In other cases, nscore.dll may be a virus that pretend to be a normal process.
                  I can't find a web page for that provider.

Tried to disable that anti virus program while you install and try to run DVDFab?

Comment

Antivirus program is Symatec/Norton and have tried with previous QT versions of diabling antivirus with the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCoLTD View Post
                      Antivirus program is Symatec/Norton and have tried with previous QT versions of diabling antivirus with the same results.
                      Then I don't understand why you have that file in your system. Searching on Google for that file name

nscore.dll

indicates that it could be a virus/trojan that could make your system unstable. Perhaps do a run with http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free (the free edition) and see if it finds anything dangerous.

Comment

The file is from a program from the National Consumer Panel for monitoring web usage and for uploading scanned bar codes from a bar code scanner. It used to be called Neislen Home Panel. But, they have changed their name since then.

Comment

Perhaps there is an updated version for that bar code scanning system?

Comment

Superfist, thanks for the heads up. I only use windows for dvdfab, and Mac for everything else. My Windows machine hadn't been updated in a few months, and now it is. Everything now works ok so far. I don't know if it was the .NET Framework update, or just one of the XP updates.
                            Thanks again, it got overlooked, and it shouldn't have.

Comment

The bar code scanning program is updted automatically when there's a new update without me having to check.

Comment

Working...
                              X