Cuda Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuda Settings

Im wondering why my new card doesn't increase the compressing time in blu-ray copy mode.

Went from a geforce 8500 16 cudas to a Geforce 9800 gt 96 core still it takes about 6 hours on new card. The Av codec settings I have all the options to cuda. Is this the right settings if not what are the best settings ? Also have the video encoder option on software +cuda.

Has any one used DIVX H264 encoder as a alterntive to Coravc and is dvd fab compatible with it ? Thanks

Dual core processor 3.0 ghz
    Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
    3gb ram
    Win Xp
    600W power supply
    Amd 64 X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3.09Ghz
    Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
    3gb ram
    Win Xp
    600W power supply

If i may add 1 more question. I upgraded my power supply yesterday from a 450w to 600 cause my computer was overheating causing it to restart when i was compressing movies. So im using dvdfab blu-ray copy to condense and it uses 100 % of my computer cpu it says. How can i get around this ? I hopefully getting windows 7 64 bit soon so i can install more ram.
    Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
    3gb ram
    Win Xp
    600W power supply

Comment

Originally posted by dasadpoet View Post
      If i may add 1 more question. I upgraded my power supply yesterday from a 450w to 600 cause my computer was overheating causing it to restart when i was compressing movies. So im using dvdfab blu-ray copy to condense and it uses 100 % of my computer cpu it says. How can i get around this ? I hopefully getting windows 7 64 bit soon so i can install more ram.
      Your sys specs are pretty outdated. Just upgrading your card is not going to instantly give you optimal performance. I'm sure you are getting a little better copy times but not much. Step up to a quad or hex core system 6-8 gb of ram and win 7 and I'm sure you will see improvement!
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

... And a lot of power and superior cooling system. Do not try to save money on cheap cooling system, it will bite you back later on.

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
        Your sys specs are pretty outdated. Just upgrading your card is not going to instantly give you optimal performance. I'm sure you are getting a little better copy times but not much. Step up to a quad or hex core system 6-8 gb of ram and win 7 and I'm sure you will see improvement!
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          ... And a lot of power and superior cooling system. Do not try to save money on cheap cooling system, it will bite you back later on.
          Yes good point!
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

This is my power supply that i bought http://www.coolermaster.com/product....tegory_id=3576

Did i waste $50 on video card. Should i sell it and install the 8500 again (i don't play games and stuff, only use computer for really DVD fab and browsing)

thank you for your help
            Geforce 9800Gt 512mb
            3gb ram
            Win Xp
            600W power supply

Comment

For your system this power supply is sufficient and you have nothing to worry about.
              No, you did not wasted $50. 9800 card is just right on for your Duo processor. Your system is a very solid entry-level machine with good, stable performance.
              Bad news is that in a couple of years you should consider a serious overhaul, or I would say building (purchasing) completely new machine, from top to bottom. At that time, in exception of HDDs and maybe(!) power supply, everything else would have to be replaced.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
              X