Error 122 fail on burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 122 fail on burn

I have gotten this error on 2 different occasions on my first two attempts to use this program and new blu ray burner. I have used it to back up a few DVDs without fail however. Included is what I think are the logs of the failed discs. Please tell me if you can deduce the problem.

Think the version is 8.0.6.8 if the whole program shares versions.
    Attached Files

Hi Beatlejuice
    Please install ImgBurn in my signature and try it again, the VSO burn is buggy for some members.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

But will this make a difference on trying to copy just the main movie of a blu ray to a 25gb blu ray? It seems to suggest this works for burning to a DVD, which I've used once and seems to work fine.

Comment

Your log shows this error:

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

You should update driver for your drive, install ImgBurn as CBR929 were suggesting and set writing speed to a half of what it says on a box. And please, do not argue with CBR929, he's far more knowledgeable than most of us - just do what he said.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Hi Beatlejuice
          Yes, ImgBurn will also burn Blu-Ray disc.

You may get better decoding times also by setting your options to software to do this:
          Please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.

You are also using an older version of Fab you will find the newest version here New Version

CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            Your log shows this error:

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

You should update driver for your drive, install ImgBurn as CBR929 were suggesting and set writing speed to a half of what it says on a box. And please, do not argue with CBR929, he's far more knowledgeable than most of us - just do what he said.
            Not arguing, just trying to make sure. I will be the last to suggest I know anything about this.

I do thank everyone for the help solving my problem. Firmware has been updated. Also found that my version wasn't updated. Seemed my version of DVDfab kept the blu ray part from updating.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatlejuice View Post
              Seemed my version of DVDfab kept the blu ray part from updating.

What does that mean????
              sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Well, it seems that when using the DVDfab portion, it would update whenever a new version was available. I guess for some reason it stopped updating. Even when purchasing the blu ray copy, it didn't seem to auto-update as I'm used to it doing.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                  What does that mean????
                  Hey IPopov50
                  I did not see you earlier when you posted.

@ Beatlejuice
                  DVD Fab has never auto updated, just informed you that there was a newer version available.

CBR929
                  Last edited by CBR929; 06-05-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

The first fail happened on the trial version. Figuring maybe just bad luck or that I was multi-tasking. I bought the full version and installed on the old version I still was using. The 2nd back-up fail was after the full version key was run.

All the help from you both made the 3rd try a success. Thank you all for the help and guidance. Updating DVDfab, updating firmware, setting and Imgburn all together did the trick.

Thank you CBR929 and IPopov50.

Guess a followup question. Anyone know anything about 3D discs? Noticed the two copies of movies on my copies of Shrek's and was wondering if these are each needed for the 3d and is one for each eye? It seems when I preview 1 of those files, it seems like it is just a 2D picture. Just wondering if anyone has info on this. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Hey IPopov50
                      I did not see you earlier when you posted.

@ Beatlejuice
                      DVD Fab has never auto updated, just informed you that there was a newer version available.

CBR929
                      Sorry, yes true, but I had not been informed that there was a new version since the 8.0.6.8. Again, I am pretty ignorant to all this stuff. Just learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatlejuice View Post
                        Guess a followup question. Anyone know anything about 3D discs? Noticed the two copies of movies on my copies of Shrek's and was wondering if these are each needed for the 3d and is one for each eye? It seems when I preview 1 of those files, it seems like it is just a 2D picture. Just wondering if anyone has info on this. Thanks again.
                        I'm glad that it eventually worked out for you.
                        In regards to you follow up question, yes 3D is an essentially a stereoscopic projection of two identical images - one for left eye, another for right - with slight disalignment. Brain does the rest... This is a very simplistic interpretation. And for the 3D to 2D conversion, only left-eyed image is extracted and converted to order.
                        sigpic

Comment

But if someone wanted to back-up the 3d movie onto a 25gb, can it be done without severe compression and degradation of the picture? I guess I can't just copy the main movie on these discs?

Comment

Hi Beatlejuice
                            I am also glad it is working for you now.
                            As I said in post #2 the VSO burn engine is buggy for some members, but not all.

Sorry, I do not know much about the 3D process right now.
                            CBR929

EDIT: Note that you can clone 3D BD with the same effect like the original disc. During the copying process, when compression is needed, it will remove HD audio (convert Dolby TrueHD to Dolby AC3, convert DTS-HD Master Audio to DTS) to save space for video.
                            Last edited by CBR929; 06-05-2011, 10:25 PM. Reason: EDIT

Comment

Working...
                            X