new here...best bd- r?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here...best bd- r?

hello everyone first off, first some great info on site but im new and just sometimes seems overwelming.. first got some great info on here and got dvd fab to work with img burn because no blank media was being detected... Now im still learning what alot of these things like cinavia and so fourth are. and ive come across also some people saying they lost media that was burned onto there bd-r.. currently i got some Optical Quantum and so far im 2/2 got it working on a PS3 and a friends blu-ray player not sure what make and model. so im i ok with sticking with this media.. appreciate any info and thanks in advance

Sure you are OK. As long as it works for you...
    Just always remember:
    (1) set your burning speed to half or less of what it said on a box;
    (2) Rip your content to HDD first and then burn it from HDD;
    (3) check for firmware (driver) update frequently and make sure you have up-to-date drivers throughout.
    (4) perform normal maintenance for your computer - clean optical drives, dust, clean cooling system, etc.

And you will be a happy camper.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Until 6 months later you find that cheap media has "LOST" the burn !!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Until 6 months later you find that cheap media has "LOST" the burn !!!
        That's different story. Or side-effect I would say
        That's why I do not burn anything anymore, but spent money on purchasing external HDDs and back-ups
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Sure you are OK. As long as it works for you...
          Just always remember:
          (1) set your burning speed to half or less of what it said on a box;
          (2) Rip your content to HDD first and then burn it from HDD;
          (3) check for firmware (driver) update frequently and make sure you have up-to-date drivers throughout.
          (4) perform normal maintenance for your computer - clean optical drives, dust, clean cooling system, etc.

And you will be a happy camper.

why u suggest to rip to HDD first ?
          better results ?

And how can i guarantee myself that if i burn something today 4-6 months from now it wont magically disapper? something i shuld do with media? should i just invest in more expensive discs?

thanks so far

Comment

Ok, lets go one-by-one:

Originally posted by xray1977 View Post
            why u suggest to rip to HDD first ?
            Conversion/encoding process requires steady and stable data supply without risk of a loss of packets. It's only can be guaranteed with transfer through internal (i.g.SATA) connection and/or from stable source. Optical drive with its incremental read can't provide such speed and stability. Besides, wear and tear on your drive. Conversion may/is taking hours, do you really want your drive work non-stop for hours?
            better results ?
            Yes, see above

And how can i guarantee myself that if i burn something today 4-6 months from now it wont magically disappear?
            No guarantee, that's the point. Actually, it's a guarantee that your content will disappear... not magically though, but because media you got from super-sale in WalMart is actually crap... guaranteed!

something i should do with media?
            Yes, forget about it!!! And if you only have BD/DVD optical standalone player, just burn movies on RW discs for one show. And use original as a backup.

should i just invest in more expensive discs?
            No, invest in good mediaplayer and external HDD. Far more secure!

thanks so far
            You're welcome
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X