Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy a 3D Blu-ray, movie only

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum, but I love your software and have been using it for years! I was curious about copying 3D blu ray's, movie only.

I keep my DVD's and blu-ray's backed up on a hard drive to play through my media center. I never compress anything, I just usually copy my blu-ray's "movie only", to save space on my hard drive. Is there a way to currently do that with 3D?

If there isn't an automated feature available yet, is it possible to rip "movie only", and then copy the SSIF folder from the original, to the Stream folder of the "movie only" copy? I don't care if it's over 50GB, since I'll have them on my media center.

Thanks in advance.

- Bob

Bob,
    do you have equipment to playback 3D from server?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
      Bob,
      do you have equipment to playback 3D from server?
      Yes, I'm all set up for 3D both via my media center and a blu-ray player that supports AVCHD hard drive playback (I don't want to get off topic, but that's a method of getting a blu ray to play on a standard blu ray player via a hard drive using the "AVCHD trick").

At the moment, I copy the entire 3D Blu-ray to my HDD and it works perfect using both of the above methods. The downside of that is every time one of my friends wants to check out my new 3DTV, they have to sit through minutes of crap, plus a menu. I'd really like to just rip only the movie. Saving the extra HDD space by not copying the extra features would be nice (especially because if I ever wanted to see the extra stuff, I could just pop in the original disc), but the main issue is I'd really like to select the movie and just have it start playing. Menu's are nice for concert discs where you'd like a song selection menu, but they just seem to hinder movies.

I hope I'm describing my scenario correctly. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

im not sure but i think as of now you can still only clone a 3d blu-ray... hope someday they do come up with the movie-only option and are able to compress when needed.. 50 gb media is way too expensive..

Comment

Originally posted by robneal81 View Post
          I don't want to get off topic, but that's a method of getting a blu ray to play on a standard blu ray player via a hard drive using the "AVCHD trick"
          First of all, I want to congratulate you - you just invented a bicycle!!!

Seriously, check you player is it supports MKV playback from HDD - most of the new once are... That will help you tremendously to reach your goal.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
          X