Which audio track to copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which audio track to copy?

I'm copying my Br movies to hard drive. I do main movie only. For those cases where a dts 5.1 track is available as well as 7.1, should I only copy the 7.1? Are there any disadvantages to leaving the 5.1 off? In reality I only have a 5 channel system but I'd prefer to give myself flexibility if I upgrade to seven speakers in future.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by Rob_NYC View Post
    I'm copying my Br movies to hard drive. I do main movie only. For those cases where a dts 5.1 track is available as well as 7.1, should I only copy the 7.1? Are there any disadvantages to leaving the 5.1 off? In reality I only have a 5 channel system but I'd prefer to give myself flexibility if I upgrade to seven speakers in future.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
    Which movie has a 7.1 track?
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

In this case, toy story 3

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_NYC View Post
        In this case, toy story 3
        Hmmm one I don't have. You should be able to copy both tracks not sure of the media size but if doing movie only you will have to look at your options e.g. Compression or and size of disc. I would myself go with just the 7.1 as I am set up for it sometimes the BR player will output or change output if needed!
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I def can copy both 5.1 & 7.1, but I wasn't sure if my receiver or media palyer, whichever determines the sound track, would know which to use. I suppose I should just copy the 7.1 to be safe, just didn't know if that would even work on a non-seven channel system.

Comment

a 7.1 ss track will def play fine on a 5.1 setup. Your receiver will know not to utilize the back 2 channels. However if you do include both, use the "audio" button on your software/ps3/player to switch between the 2 dif streams.

Comment

Working...
            X