Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DL burn fails

Hi,

I can burn 25 gb discs fine but I have made 9 coasters on the DL discs. I ame using a pioneer BDLR-206 with Verbati. media . Log files are attached
    Attached Files

Originally posted by tstewart63 View Post
    Hi,

I can burn 25 gb discs fine but I have made 9 coasters on the DL discs. I ame using a pioneer BDLR-206 with Verbati. media . Log files are attached
    Some advice go pick up a good quality BDRE 50 gb disc so you don't make coasters any more. Also please D/L ImgBurn it's free and install use this as you burning engine. Also if doing any compression please do so on the HDD it's quicker and saves wear and tear on the BR burner.
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I thought this was a all in one program. You have to use a secondary burning program? How do you configure this IMGBURN?

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
        Some advice go pick up a good quality BDRE 50 gb disc so you don't make coasters any more. Also please D/L ImgBurn it's free and install use this as you burning engine. Also if doing any compression please do so on the HDD it's quicker and saves wear and tear on the BR burner.
        Good advice from DiabloZoe. I was about to post similar advice, but I'm slow as usual...
        I have no experience with blank BD media. I rarely burn any more and have never burnt BD's...I play everything back via hdds/media player.

Anyway, definitely switch to Img and this may resolve your issues.
        VSO is problematic for many users and this error is typical of VSO.

The atapi error also can be indicative of poorly matched media with your burner and firmware which is what I believe Diablo was thinking.

I'd also suggest that you decrease your burn speed to 4X, no faster, not with VSO and your current media (perhaps even decrease to 2.4X...)
        A good rule of thumb for starters is 1/2 the max spped rating of the media
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I thought this was a all in one program. You have to use a secondary burning program? How do you configure this IMGBURN?
          VSO also is "third party", but it comes bundled with Fab.

Look in my sig on how to set up Img.
          The video tutorial is no longer available, but it's straightforward
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

You don't have to use a secondary burning program but ImgBurn is the preferred burning engine. I have never used VSO just read about the problems. If you have any issues setting it up after mainman's tutorial I will be more than happy to assist you.
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              VSO also is "third party", but it comes bundled with Fab.

Look in my sig on how to set up Img.
              The video tutorial is no longer available, but it's straightforward
              Hello my friend, you need to start burning again there is a tutorial now!!!

CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Why should Maineman bother burning again with all the aggravation involved when he has all of his titles available to him on his media player !!

Go on CBR, bite the bullet and do it. You know that it is the way to go.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Hello my friend, you need to start burning again there is a tutorial now!!!
                CBR929
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X