Error Message 122 when trying to Write 50GB 3d Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message 122 when trying to Write 50GB 3d Disc

I have successfully backed up a couple of 25 gb discs, but have been trying to back up my copy of Animals United 3d using the Clone option.

The disc is read Ok and the iso saved to my documents. however, when trying to burn, I immediately get the message "Failed to burn DVD - do you want to burn again" with the Error=122 code.

I have searched the forum and from what I learned, I installed imgburn and configured according to the posts.

Again, I get errors from imgburn of "Power Calibration Area Error" whilst trying to write the data.

Anyone any ideas of what I'm doing wrong??

Hi tomo20000
    122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

Please update to the Latest version found here Latest Version
    And try again.

If still having problems please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.

CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Error=122

Hi and thanks for the advice.
      Downloaded and installed latest version and still getting the same result (using VSO and Imgburn burning engines.
      Log files attached as requested.
      Thanks again for the help.
      tomo20000dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log

dvdfab_process.log

Comment

Error=122

Still stuck with this one.
        I've even tried a Verbatim 50GB disc, and still no joy.
        Anybody any ideas from the log files?

Comment

Turn off Power Calibration and try again some drive don't like it, mine is one of them.
          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
            Turn off Power Calibration and try again some drive don't like it, mine is one of them.
            I 08:59:09 OPC: No

Comment

Hi tomo20000,

You may need go get your burner laser lens cleaned by a professional to see if it helps. Power calibration error means that the laser is having difficulties with the blank media loading.

Sincerely,
              --
              Sunny
              Last edited by sunny; 06-22-2011, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Sure you have the 9th version of the firmware installed?

Comment

Error=122

Thanks to all for the advice. Just installed the firmware from the link and will try again. Just out of curiosity, where do you turn the Power Calibration off? Is this in DVDFab or something to do with the drive properties?

Comment

If the firmware update doesn't do it, I'd definitely clean the lens.
                    Don't take any hardware apart, you'll void your warranty.

Nothing invasive or fancy for starters, just take a can of compressed air and give it a good clean.

Re: turning off power calibration for XP, you can try the following:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > scroll down to Imapi CD Burning COM Service (or similar)
                    right click on Imapi > Properties > Disable > Apply
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                    X