This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbe help Please

Looking for someone to help me figure out how to burn Blue Rays to my Hard Drive in order to play them in windows Media Center. I have learned how to do a regular DVD. What I do now is pick the DVD-DVD (Full Movie) Burn it to a file on my hard drive copy the audio and Video file then place it in a subdirectory with the movie’s title, in order to keep them in organized. Then open it in windows media center and enjoy. Problem is that in Blue Ray it does not seem to be that easy. Possibly cause the files look completely different and I am not sure what to do with them? Or even if this is possible with Blue Ray? Corection when I have tryed this at all through Media Center it then will open Win Dvd to attempt to play the movie?
    Last edited by azroncam; 11-19-2009, 11:29 PM.

Originally posted by azroncam View Post
    Looking for someone to help me figure out how to burn Blue Rays to my Hard Drive in order to play them in windows Media Center. I have learned how to do a regular DVD. What I do now is pick the DVD-DVD (Full Movie) Burn it to a file on my hard drive copy the audio and Video file then place it in a subdirectory with the movie’s title, in order to keep them in organized. Then open it in windows media center and enjoy. Problem is that in Blue Ray it does not seem to be that easy. Possibly cause the files look completely different and I am not sure what to do with them? Or even if this is possible with Blue Ray? Corection when I have tryed this at all through Media Center it then will open Win Dvd to attempt to play the movie?
    Hi azroncam,
    I don't think WMP does BD( I might be wrong ) try VLC it's freeware, the process is the same when ripping to your HDD for BD as it is for DVD, and yes the files for a DVD are different than those for a BD.
    hope this helps

Comment

TD you have experience with BD rips and m2ts files, go into a little more detail for the op about m2ts files and how to combine them with tsmuxer and where the files is located, how to add them to mux (in case there is multiple files) and so forth. (ok I put a light work load on ya buddy LOL)
      Last edited by W&B; 11-20-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Give My Movies a look at here is a link http://www.mymovies.dk/how-to/writte...h%20Definition it not exactly what you are looking for but it has the ability to playback the Blu-ray files using the computer and Media center remote control.

Edit: Here's something else that intigrates into Windows media center and plays the HD and Blu-ray files from within TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum
        Last edited by AGJ; 11-20-2009, 03:53 AM. Reason: added more info

Comment

1 I am going to try that later in the mean time I did burn one to my HDD main Movie Picked the main movie track and English audio compressed to BD-9 saved to a file on HDD took around four hours to complete. Then opened that file worked my way to BDMV/Stream found a AVHD file in there double clicked on it opened seemed to play fine but had the director talking over the movie describing it? Is there something I did wrong or should I just try a different path?

2 If I wanted to burn that file back to a DVD which file do I pick in there to burn to the disk using DVD Fab? And how would one do that. Or would I just pick the saved location as the DVD burner and just burn straight to DVD? Again thanks for the help just trying to figure this out and the more I read the more I get confused.

Comment

1. This is what works for me, might give it a try. open Fabs common settings>Streams>Audio. in the box to the right I remove all pre-selected languages. then at the bottom place a tick beside select first track.

2. You'll want to use write data mode under dvd to dvd, select the main folder that has the BDMV and certificate folders within it OR you can use ImgBurn in Build Mode.

Comment

The BD-9 directory structure can be written to a dual-layer DVDR and would be playable in most Blu-Ray players (use Write Data option).

There is not a way in DVDFab to go from a Blu-Ray to a DVD playable in a normal DVD player.

EDIT: Yah, what WB said.

Comment

Hi azroncam,
                What you need to do is go to the BDMV / stream / open stream and look for the largest file there usually seven figures, take note of the file number, now open muxer click on add, that file will now be imported into muxer, remove the titles you don't want check the blue ray dial browse to where you want the muxed file to be then click on start muxing.
                when that is done you can open Fab and import (or source) from the muxed folder and compress to what ever size you want no problems.

Comment

Working...
                X