24 hours to copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 hours to copy

Sometime copying bluray to bluray, it tells me it will take up to 24 hours to copy. Most of the time it is 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I have tried putting it on two discs. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas for me.

Originally posted by boney View Post
    Sometime copying bluray to bluray, it tells me it will take up to 24 hours to copy. Most of the time it is 30 minutes to a couple of hours. I have tried putting it on two discs. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas for me.
    Well you will have to give some details like sys specs and also Fab will start out taking along time but as it calculates time drops! Do you let it fully analyze first before you start? Are you copying to the HDD first? Doing compression?
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Another clue: Check your computer's mode, DMA or PIO?

If it is PIO, then, reset DMA to see if that makes any progress: open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA".

Comment

24 hours to copy

When it indicates that it will take 24 or so hours to copy, I am compressing 50 to 25 Blu to Blu. I am doing the exact same as when it only take a half hour to an hour or so. I am letting it analyze and scan totally. I have reset DMA. This problem only come up every 20 or so movies. I have emailed tech-support and am waiting for a reply.
        Thanks,
        boney

Comment

Say after 45 min does it say you have 23 hrs left? It works its self down but sometimes it takes a while especially when your compressing BD50 to BD25. Did you search the forums to see if anybody is or has had this same issue?
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi boney

You never answered DiabloZoe question in post #2!!!
            Are you copying to the HDD first?
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

24 hours to copy

No, I didn't copy to HDD first. I have only clicked next when it has finished scanning. I don't know how to copy to HDD. (I will have to read up on how).

Comment

24 hours to copy

Yes diabozoe. It starts at (say 24) then counts down. After 6 hours it will say 18 hours to go. Only happens every 20 or so movies. I do the same each movie I copy(so far). Tech support has told me that when this happens again to go into general settings and then to A/V codec and set vidio decoder as software. I have ordered the same movie again(The Professionals) and see if it does the same.
                Thanks a to all
                Boney

Comment

Yes diabozoe. It starts at (say 24) then counts down. After 6 hours it will say 18 hours to go. Only happens every 20 or so movies. I do the same each movie I copy(so far). Tech support has told me that when this happens again to go into general settings and then to A/V codec and set vidio decoder as software. I have ordered the same movie again(The Professionals) and see if it does the same.
                  Thanks a to all
                  Boney
                  Ok yes change everything to software and un check lightning encoding, next letting you movie fully analyze is the proper thing to do then you hit the start button, for copying to the HDD you will select yout drive as source and your HDD as the target. Once that is done you will select your options main movie full disc which ever, if you are not compressing then you can do main movie directly to the HDD. If you plan on using compression once the movie is on the HDD you will make that your source and target your HDD again this will compress on the HDD and then you will burn that file to the BD if you have any problems with setting up ImgBurn there are some great tutorials here or I can walk you through the steps.

Comment

24 hours

I copied "The Professionals" to target HDD c: When it was done(about 2 hours), I couldn't find it anywhere. In search on my computer I found "The Professionals". I then put it in "source" and put F: (with empty Blu-ray disc) as my target. It took 3 hours to write. When it was done I put it in my Blu-ray played and Avatar played. I am totally messed up. LOL.
                    boney

Comment

I copied "The Professionals" to target HDD c: When it was done(about 2 hours), I couldn't find it anywhere. In search on my computer I found "The Professionals". I then put it in "source" and put F: (with empty Blu-ray disc) as my target. It took 3 hours to write. When it was done I put it in my Blu-ray played and Avatar played. I am totally messed up. LOL.
                      boney
                      Thats pretty funny! OK you have to go to general and select where you want to output to. I have my drive partitioned and have a partition set for Fab, because you don't want your C drive filling up and slowing down windows which it will and fast! To start your source will be your Burner and target will be where you just set up in the general settings. You can also click the folder next to target and put it where ever you want but the method I described will allow you to use the drop down. When you do this it will create some folders Full disc and Main Movie when you have your source and target setup and you are done analyzing hit start when the process is done you will not need the original disc anymore, now make your source the directory that was your target last time and your target will also be the same this is for compression if you need to do any! If you don't next open up ImgBurn and select write files and folders, select the folder icon and select the folder of your movie you will see 2 files a BMDV file and a certificate. Select the BMDV and ImgBurn will ask if you want to add the certificate say yes it will ask the name of the disc which will already be inputed select yes and continue then at the bottom of the screen select the write icon and you are done!

Comment

24 hours

"The Professonals": I set Vidio Decoder and Vidio Encoder to software and unchecked lighting recorder as you suggested. Then I started copy process to blu-ray 25. I finally got it done. 3 hours to copy (much better than the 24 hours it was going to take before) and 30 minutes to write. I think that some movies are just going to take longer to get the job done. Thanks for all the help.
                        Boney

Comment

"The Professonals": I set Vidio Decoder and Vidio Encoder to software and unchecked lighting recorder as you suggested. Then I started copy process to blu-ray 25. I finally got it done. 3 hours to copy (much better than the 24 hours it was going to take before) and 30 minutes to write. I think that some movies are just going to take longer to get the job done. Thanks for all the help.
                          Boney
                          Glad you got it to work! And yes some movies will take longer then others!

Comment

Working...
                          X