The Pacific Disk 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pacific Disk 5

I'm not a pro with this software. But it's really user friendly as I copied The Pacific series Disks 1-4 w/out any problems. I am using Blu-ray Copy, Full Disk and compressing to BD50 to BD25. The compression percentage is 50%. I guess that is pretty high compression, but the software advertises "lossless compression BD50 to BD25". The other Blu-rays copied fine and look good. Disk 5 compressed to 50% is very "pixelated" with large blocky pixels and poor color rendering. Is this an "overcompression issue"? Why is disk 5 the only problem? I reburnt the BD again using same settings... same result... Any ideas?

What are the original sizes of all the disks?

There is NEVER really LOSSLESS compression when you go from a source to a target half the size, no matter what advertising blurb says.

IMHO, 50% is waaayyyy too much compression if you wish to maintain close to the original quality.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I believe the original was 46 GB and the compression to 23 GB.

I know you always lose something with compression. The compression for Disk 5 was 50% whereas Disks 1-4 were maybe 56-58% and they looked really quite good. I guess that extra 6-8% compression must be the problem?

Unfortunately, The Pacific Disks have multiple episodes on each BD. I cannot use "Main Movie" as it will only copy the longest of the episodes.

Too bad I cannot just pluck out the 2 actual episodes and leave the other junk behind...

Is my only option to create 2 separate "main movie" type discs with 1 episode on each BD?

Comment

Working...
      X