Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple "main movies" of the same length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple "main movies" of the same length?

Why do many blu-rays have multiple main movies that are the same length and have the same audio/subtitle tracks?

They seem to be the exact same, and i'm sure it's just the way the disc was made.. but how do I know which one to select?

If I launch it in PowerDVD, it doesn't show "titles" correctly like it does for DVDs.

Thanks.

Originally posted by tyrindor View Post
    Why do many blu-rays have multiple main movies that are the same length and have the same audio/subtitle tracks?
    This question were answered tens, if not hundreds of times on this forum. Please use "search" feature.

They seem to be the exact same, and i'm sure it's just the way the disc was made.. but how do I know which one to select?
    All you have to do is to select desired language in "Streams" section of "Common Settings" and let DVDFab do the rest.

If I launch it in PowerDVD, it doesn't show "titles" correctly like it does for DVDs.
    Please explain. What "it" are launching in PowerDVD, and what DVDFab has to do with launching "it" in PowerDVD?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

While this does not answer your question, nevertheless, it may be of some help.

Frankly, once I select my default settings., ie, English subtitle and English audio, I simply trust in the software to "do the right thing".

Once upon a time, I'd try various titles, but soon became aware that this was getting me nowhere, not without spending an inordinate amount of time and even then, any real gain was questionable.

I have yet to have the software pick the wrong title for main movie.

I'm still hopeful that Customize mode is "around the corner", but we've been hearing that for some time.

Hope this helps.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by tyrindor View Post

There could be many reasons, one of which is that the different titles are tailored to different languages. The movie "UP" is like that, for example. It has several titles in which scenes with images of printed text have the text appear in different languages.

The easiest and surest way to select the proper title is to play the original BD in your BD player. Use the menus to select the main title you want, then when the movie is playing use the BD players info options to see what # title is playing. Then that is the one to rip in DVD Fab.
        Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Working...
        X