Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New & Green as to how to play Blu-ray ripped to HDD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New & Green as to how to play Blu-ray ripped to HDD?

I'm new to Blu-ray and my upgraded version of DVDFab.

Having ripped four different Blu-ray Movies to my HDD in an attempt to see if i could work this out for myself I've got to ask if someone out there can help.

I'm running Microsoft OS7 by the way...

I can not play ripped Blu-ray directly from my HDD. With DVD its easy but with Blu-ray its not. Please tell me what i'm either doing wrong, else what i need do to make this possible?

Thanks

If you have dumped the Blu-ray as individual files and folders you will need a video player that can play the .m2ts file that sits in the "Streams" folder. I would recommend VLC also know as VideoLAN.

If you dumped the ripped Blu-ray as a .iso file, you will need a virtual drive to mount it on. I'd recommend a Virtual Clone Drive (There is some free ones, just use Google). It must be able to handle BD/HD format.

Once the .iso file is mounted on the virtual drive use VLC to play the a fore mentioned .m2ts file in the "Streams" folder.

There are other media players that can do the trick but VLC is probably the easiest to set up and use. Media Player Classic Home Cinema Edition is another.

MPC-HC, the free, open source media player for Windows

You might also consider getting some additional codecs installed on you system that come in handy when dealing with the playback of .m2ts files (Blu-ray discs).

Haali Media Splitter - http://haali.su/mkv/ (the download is listed as the MatroskaSplitter) splits the audio and video streams so they can be processed

FFDShowtryouts - http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/ (get the latest beta) used to decode various audio and video streams
    Last edited by W&B; 11-20-2009, 10:41 PM. Reason: No Links to Competitors Site

Comment

Working...
    X