Problems skipping chapters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems skipping chapters...

Hi everyone. I would do a search but it seems to not be working?

anyway, I tried burning a Few Good Men this weekend on a 25GB on lowest speed. It seems to play fine but when I try to skip chapters it doesn't work. Well let me rephrase. I can skip the chapter to the next and the sound is playing for that particular chapter, but the video is stuck where I hit the chapter skip button. So the video is not going forward but the audio is. I tried burning it twice and it did the same thing on both burns. I am seeing this on a stand alone Sony blu-ray player, and I not yet tried the ps3 yet to see if the problem follows. Has anyone else seen this issue at all? Or any thoughts on what might be causing it?

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by Greenie17; 07-11-2011, 07:29 PM.

Could you please copy and paste the internal log for this burn, it's located on your c drive documents DVDFab. Also which burning engine are you using)
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

This is an on going problem. This problem is a hit an miss thing. Some movies you backup will fast forward and rewind with no problems. Then there are others that have the problem that you explain. There is no way of correcting this problem until fab can do something about this.

Comment

Sticky chapters

I too get this problem, & also 5 or 10 mins of video is missing from some films e.g. Paul & Knight & Day.The Film Paul the alien crashes his car & then the scene changes to him driving the motorhome.Knight & Day--the motorbike chase is missing around chapter 26

Comment

I have has skipping problems with The Other Guys and recently Battlefield: LA. I can post logs if someone wants them.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyhahn View Post
            I have has skipping problems with The Other Guys and recently Battlefield: LA. I can post logs if someone wants them.
            I backed up Battlefield LA with out any issues. TDK BDRE 50GB movie only.
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
              I backed up Battlefield LA with out any issues. TDK BDRE 50GB movie only.
              I'm just using main movie (creating a Ciniva protected disk to play on my PS3) and have tried it with a few different 25GB BD-R's. I have used recommended speed and 2X, also messed with checking "enable full scan" and checked the encoding settings "slow speed." All disks I burn skip at the same parts. I'm using and external ASUS burner, with Optical Quantum or Power disks. The only time I get skipping disks is when I try to make a protected backup.

Comment

Skipping Problem

I too get skipping problems with "Paul" & "Knight & Day" blu-rays, just cannot see what is wrong.

Comment

Driver Update

These issues I have sorted by updating video card driver.

Comment

Working...
                  X