Some video missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some video missing

I have had issues with writing from hardrive to disc on one or two film titles.The first title "Paul" is missing about three mins of video shortly after the car crashes the alien is driving.It then jumps to him driving the motorhome which was when I found the problem.The other film is "Knight & Day when Tom Cruise crashes through the gates on a motorbike then l lose about 10 mins where they are on the bike.Both films play perfectly on the pc blu-ray drives, but when played on 3 different standalone players the video as described is missing.Anyone any ideas please.

Can you post your logs for both these movies they are contained here:

Also which media are you using and which burn engine?
    Attached Files
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Posting logs

Thanks, I'm using Aone & Maxell 25gb discs, I shall redo the two films & post the logs--many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave 2 View Post
        Thanks, I'm using Aone & Maxell 25gb discs, I shall redo the two films & post the logs--many thanks
        You don't have to redo the films. The logs don't erase when you do a movie and they start from bottom to top with bottom being last movie done. Also at which speed are you burning and which burning engine are you using?
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

logs

I use imgburn engine & I do not use fast speeds for recording
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave 2 View Post
            I use imgburn engine & I do not use fast speeds for recording
            Are you running anything in the background? Please set speed in DvDFab to recommended. Also post the internal log for this movie

Comment

Internal log

2m 05.37s: OutputVideo: 1080p/i
              2m 05.39s: compress begin: Blu-ray groups clips(00899.m2ts,00909.m2ts,00900.m2ts,00910.m2ts, 00901.m2ts,00911.m2ts,00902.m2ts,00912.m2ts,00903. m2ts,00913.m2ts,00904.m2ts,00914.m2ts,00905.m2ts,0 0915.m2ts,00906.m2ts,00916.m2ts,00907.m2ts,00917.m 2ts,00908.m2ts), playtime(7027092 ms), size(23039 MB)
              2m 05.39s: processing source(00899.m2ts)
              2m 45.39s: processing source(00909.m2ts)
              4m 57.51s: processing source(00900.m2ts)
              5m 52.90s: processing source(00910.m2ts)
              7m 35.14s: processing source(00901.m2ts)
              10m 33.27s: processing source(00911.m2ts)
              16m 51.21s: processing source(00902.m2ts)
              17m 18.73s: processing source(00912.m2ts)
              17m 41.15s: processing source(00903.m2ts)
              18m 37.82s: processing source(00913.m2ts)
              19m 00.33s: processing source(00904.m2ts)
              19m 36.90s: processing source(00914.m2ts)
              20m 57.66s: processing source(00905.m2ts)
              22m 19.19s: processing source(00915.m2ts)
              24m 19.17s: processing source(00906.m2ts)
              25m 42.08s: processing source(00916.m2ts)
              26m 32.88s: processing source(00907.m2ts)
              26m 56.46s: processing source(00917.m2ts)
              27m 16.73s: processing source(00908.m2ts)
              82m 57.33s: detected blu-ray
              82m 57.33s: drive X
              82m 57.33s: blu-ray type 1
              82m 57.33s: volume label KNIGHT_AND_DAY

Hope this is ok, I am running antivirus software, which in the past has been ok,I have copied about a 150 blu-ray movies, 3 of which have had this problem--missing 3 to 10 mins of video
              Last edited by Dave 2; 07-17-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your log, I'll try to repro this ASPS.

Regards,
                Potti

Comment

Missing Video

Thanks very much

Comment

I just did Toy Story 2 using 8085. Near the beginning, Buzz is chased by the spikes and jumps thru the sliding metal door. Next he is already thru the door on the other side. What is missing is him hopping some squares and seeing the battery and then going thru the other metal door. My new standalone Panasonic BD75 is not picking this up. I put the burn back into my Lite-on 220 burner and played it to my TV and the scene is there. I already deleted my burn logs as I have done many more movies. From reading other posts, I now have gone back to 8073 and will redo the movie and see if it will correct the problem. I will post when I am done.

Comment

Missing video

I never had that issue with Toy Story 2 but have same problems as you with "Paul" & "Knight & Day".Have tried Bluecloner-that finds the missing video but I find that software less stable & less flexible than dvdfab--I suppose we will just have to wait until these problems are solved for us by dvdfab team.

Comment

OK

I did Toy Story 2 over with 8073. I used the same settings, movie only, top dts english audio (there are 2 on the disk) and left the english subtitles. IT WORKED. My panasonic BD75 picked it up. The whole disk plays beautifully.
                        Wierd ? I'm going to stay with the older version.

Comment

Missing Video

I can't say I blame you, I've tried 8.0.8.5. to no avail--still problems.Glad you got sorted anyway.

Comment

Dave 2

Have you tried going backwards to 8073? You'll find the link for old apps under alot of the mods posts. I wouldn't have known about the missing segment if it were not for my son. He knew the movie backwards and forwards. You said you didn't have an issue with Toy Story 2. Do you remember what version of fab you used (if you did the movie).

Comment

Hidef,
                              I just played the beginning of TS2 just to check if I had that scene missing, but it plays correctly--Buzz jumps through the door & jumps across the pads & sees the battery, so it seems ok.I cannot remember which version I used, but it must have been some time ago.It seems strange for older films to behave that way on the latest versions.I have tried everything I know with The film "PAUL" it just keeps missing 3 mins of video when the alien crashes the car.The copy plays perfectly in the optical drive of my pc ,but misses that segment on the standalone players.I will look for 8073 & try that, you never know ,may work for me.I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X