Blu Ray Copy Is Not Recognized By Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray Copy Is Not Recognized By Player

Up Until Recently I Have Good Luck With Blu Ray Copy But The Last Few Copies Will Not Play On Blu Ray Player , They Say Unknown And Cannot Play The Disc. If You Convert To DVD Then It Will Play.

Thread moved to correct forum.

You might want to include more information as described in the "Help Us Help You" sticky thread.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefrdf View Post
      Up Until Recently I Have Good Luck With Blu Ray Copy But The Last Few Copies Will Not Play On Blu Ray Player , They Say Unknown And Cannot Play The Disc. If You Convert To DVD Then It Will Play.
      Which bluray player are you using? Samsung? and which type of media? Memorex or Optical Quantum?
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

The Player Is A Sony. The disc,s Are ProHT By Inland .I Was Using Phillips Blu Ray Before And They Worked Well. Sounds Like I Should Stick To The Phillips.

Comment

The Player Is A Sony. The disc,s Are ProHT By Inland .I Was Using Phillips Blu Ray Before And They Worked Well. Sounds Like I Should Stick To The Phillips.
          Your best bet is to go with known media such as TDK or Verbatim. Also pick up some BDRE sof you dont waste discs!
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I had a similar problem using LG (Samsung product) BD550. It played Verbatim LTH media without difficutly... until recently. Now it will only play Verbatim BD-R (non-LTH) type. Must be a firmware thing?? I called LG and they denied knowing anything about recent changes in firmware now NOT supporting LTH type Blu ray disks. These LTH which use to play on BD550 will still play on computer.... so all is not lost. But BEWARE of LTH support! I would purchase Verbatim BD-R (non-LTH). They are a bit pricier, but at least they seem to work more universally.

Comment

Originally posted by Oetboy4 View Post
              I had a similar problem using LG (Samsung product) BD550. It played Verbatim LTH media without difficutly... until recently. Now it will only play Verbatim BD-R (non-LTH) type. Must be a firmware thing?? I called LG and they denied knowing anything about recent changes in firmware now NOT supporting LTH type Blu ray disks. These LTH which use to play on BD550 will still play on computer.... so all is not lost. But BEWARE of LTH support! I would purchase Verbatim BD-R (non-LTH). They are a bit pricier, but at least they seem to work more universally.
              LG made by samsung? I thought LG made there own products? LTH is a FW thing either introduced or taken away, but LTH discs are pressed on the same press they make DVDs so maybe they were not to good of a press as Sondheim BRs degrade over time and the lens in the computer is stronger with more error correction?

Comment

I use ImgBurn and only use Verbatim BD-R or BD-R DL, and I have no problems. My Blu-ray Player is a Panasonic.

Comment

Working...
                X