Blu ray copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu ray copy

I've just started trying to copy Blu ray to Blu ray i've put a BD rewriter in my PC which has a i7 quad core processor, using the main movie tab on blu ray copy how long should it take to analyze and then rip the movie , i'm waiting a long time and i'm not even sure if anything is actually happening the new disc drive works fine i've copied DVD's ok with it.

Well, here is a data point for comparison. Using an LG WH10LS30 burner on an 8.5 yr old PC I can rip a full BD without any compression in 30-40 min. I once tried to compress a 30GB title down to fit on a BD-25 and it was going to take 3 days -- I don't try that any more.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine . . .

Comment

Originally posted by andybear View Post
      I've just started trying to copy Blu ray to Blu ray i've put a BD rewriter in my PC which has a i7 quad core processor, using the main movie tab on blu ray copy how long should it take to analyze and then rip the movie , i'm waiting a long time and i'm not even sure if anything is actually happening the new disc drive works fine i've copied DVD's ok with it.
      It depends on the movie, you should let the movie scan when you first put the BR in some times that can take 15 to 20 min but doing so before you press start will make sure you start copying at the max MB's. Not sure is you have a high end video card but if not switch all codecs to software. Also if doing any compression make sure you do that on the HDD to save wear and tear on your new burner. Pick up some BDRE media just so you don't make any coasters. ImgBurn is the preferred burning engine. If you have any questions regarding this information please ask. If you have issues with a movie please start a thread for that specific problem.
      For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Hi, andybear,

Ripping process ranges from 45 minutes to 90 minutes, compression process ranges from from 60 minutes to 150 minutes. That all depends on your computer configuration, the size of source Blu-ray disc(BD50/BD25), the output target (BD25/BD5/BD9) you chose, the write speed you chose, etc.

If you have NVIDIA or ATI's Graphic Card, which will make possible hardware acceleration when ripping/compressing DVD/BD discs. CUDA and DXVA technology will enable you rip/compress DVD/Blu-ray at a much faster speed.

Another clue: If you are experiencing a real long time, you may wanna reset DMA.

Here is how: open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA".

Comment

I think i'm having problems with compression after the disc has been analyzed it just kind of stops the timer is going up i wait for a hour or more but nothing seems to happen, if the film i'm copying is small enough to fit on 25gb disc with no compression needed then fine also if i rip full disc all is fine so i'm going to use 50gb discs for some film for the time being.

Comment

Also close the preview window while scanning. Click the little arrow at the bottom of the window. Seems to help with speed. I have had some movies take awhile while others move fairly quickly.

Comment

I think i'm having problems with compression after the disc has been analyzed it just kind of stops the timer is going up i wait for a hour or more but nothing seems to happen, if the film i'm copying is small enough to fit on 25gb disc with no compression needed then fine also if i rip full disc all is fine so i'm going to use 50gb discs for some film for the time being.
              Sounds like you're trying to compress on the initial rip, ie., from the BD disc.
              Bad news.

Please follow DiabloZoe's advice in post #3.
              Always rip from BD to hdd...Uncompressed.
              This will avoid excessive rip times (the inevitable bottleneck from compressiing via ODD)
              and as DZ said, will save wear and tear on your burner.
              A win win.

In short, only compress/convert/modify from BD files already on your hdd.

There's no reason you have to do the initial rip in Full Disc mode, Main Movie is fine if you prefer. (I always do MM)
              Just be certain to do the inital rip without compression...BD50.

I also wouldn't use 50GB media...pretty pricey.
              Most BD main movies will fit on BD25 (I think anyway...I never burn BD media...just watch 'em via hdds and media players).

No big deal to compress to BD25 after the initail rip anyway.

Hope this helps
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for your advice but your saying rip to hdd uncompressed ok got that but how do i then compress the files to fit on to a 25gb disc i'm finding that if a movie is more than about 100mins just ripping the main movie and removing all but one sound track still won't fit on the smaller disc!

Comment

Thanks for your advice but your saying rip to hdd uncompressed ok got that but how do i then compress the files to fit on to a 25gb disc i'm finding that if a movie is more than about 100mins just ripping the main movie and removing all but one sound track still won't fit on the smaller disc!
                  Once you have the uncompressed movie on you HDD you put that folder as your source in Fab and make the output your HDD again this will compress your movie and selections down to a BD25, but you must select BD25 at the bottom for it to compress.
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                    Once you have the uncompressed movie on you HDD you put that folder as your source in Fab and make the output your HDD again this will compress your movie and selections down to a BD25, but you must select BD25 at the bottom for it to compress.

In the above --- the Term RIP is used -- are you using the " RIP BD DVDFAB " function ?? It sounds like you are not -- but are using the COPY Blu-Ray function ?? of DVDFAB to RIP ??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cwcarson View Post
                      In the above --- the Term RIP is used -- are you using the " RIP BD DVDFAB " function ?? It sounds like you are not -- but are using the COPY Blu-Ray function ?? of DVDFAB to RIP ??

Thanks
                      Hi cwcarson
                      Yes, when we use the term "Rip" it means to copy to your HDD which you would use the Copy functions of Fab.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

miniso with IMGBURN

Thanks for the help ---

So, when I "RIP" the movie I end up with a miniso file -- and IMGBURN does not seem to want to use that file type --- Makes me think I should be asking DVDFAB to make a different file type for IMGBURN ???

Sorry for these dumb questions -- I did several searchs for miniso and imgburn -- with no joy

did find several entries that encouraged one to use DVDFAB rip and then use IMGBURN ---
                        The reason I am looking at this IMGBURN process is that for a recent BD ( Gone with the Wind ) movie it took over 17 hours to RIP and Burn using the DVDFAB rip and burn process --------

Thanks in advance
                        Last edited by cwcarson; 08-12-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help ---

So, when I "RIP" the movie I end up with a miniso file -- and IMGBURN does not seem to want to use that file type --- Makes me think I should be asking DVDFAB to make a different file type for IMGBURN ???

Sorry for these dumb questions -- I did several searchs for miniso and imgburn -- with no joy

did find several entries that encouraged one to use DVDFAB rip and then use IMGBURN ---
                          The reason I am looking at this IMGBURN process is that for a recent BD ( Gone with the Wind ) movie it took over 17 hours to RIP and Burn using the DVDFAB rip and burn process --------

Thanks in advance
                          Recommend you look over this thread:

In particular, pay attention to post #6 by LIGHTNING UK! (the author of Img).
                          Hope this helps.
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the help ---

Thanks in advance
                            If you are burning a BD uncheck mini Iso, no need unless your type of player requires it. Just back up the movie as BMDV

Comment

Hi -- I must be missing something very basic ---

I un-checked Mini ISO when using COPY BD -- now I get a Folder for the Movie after Riping that has BDMV and Certificate Folders --

However ImgBurn does not like this (these ) folders --- or any of the files inside ??

What am I missing ??

Comment

Working...
                              X