This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions regarding .m2ts files

I know this has been asked before but the search feature is not working and I spent hours trying to google this and searching through old posts.

Why oh why are there multiple .m2ts streams of the main movies? Are these just movies with different languages? If I am doing the main movie I usually just leave it at whatever fab picks by default. Hope this is ok.

I have been seeing a lot of posts talking about connecting multiple streams of .M2ts file. I am guessing some movies are split across multiple files? Have I been ignorant about this? do I have a whole bunch of incomplete movie backups? How do you know if you have one of these types of movies?

thanks

Originally posted by eightysix View Post
    why are there multiple .m2ts streams of the main movies? Are these just movies with different languages?
    That's it! You nailed it!

Have I been ignorant about this?
    Somewhat, to a degree

do I have a whole bunch of incomplete movie backups?
    No, you're good. DVDFab stitched them for you.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Is there anyway to know when I have one of these movies? Anywhere I can read up on it?

Comment

The names of M2TS files are in the form “zzzzz.m2ts”, where “zzzzz” is a 5-digit number corresponding to the audiovisual clip. This number is also used in the filename of an associated clip information file "zzzzz.clpi".[9] (This number can be a date and time stamp of when the video clip was recorded.) Each stream has its own file.[15]

Files in AVCHD format use legacy "8.3" file naming convention, while Blu-ray Discs use long filenames. That's why the filename extension of video files is ".MTS" instead of Blu-ray Disc's ".m2ts". Also other files use different extensions: .CPI - .clpi, .MPL - .mpls, .BDM - .bdmv.[11][16]

The M2TS files on a Blu-ray Disc are placed in the subdirectory "STREAM" of "BDMV" (or "BDAV") directory, which is at the root level. (e.g. \BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts or \BDAV\STREAM\00001.m2ts)[2][8] On some AVCHD equipment, the "BDMV" directory is located in the "AVCHD" directory, which is placed at the root level (e.g. \AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00001.MTS).[11]
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Is there anyway to know when I have one of these movies?
          You always have one of these movies. Now you know.

Anywhere I can read up on it?
          Yes, Wiki

@DiabloZoe
          Why? are you writing all this. It's not even what he was asking for.
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            You always have one of these movies. Now you know.

Yes, Wiki

@DiabloZoe
            Why? are you writing all this. It's not even what he was asking for.
            Its from WIKI and he did ask about streams so I posted it.
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
              Its from WIKI and he did ask about streams so I posted it.
              It's awesome. You did great! It just I have feeling that OP is just lazy to do own research. It's so easy to throw question and hope somebody will spend great deal of time to put together detailed essay...
              sigpic

Comment

I know this has been asked before but the search feature is not working and I spent hours trying to google this and searching through old posts.
                Isn't that what these forums are for? I appreciate your concise somewhat sarcastic answers IPopov, but your candor is uncalled for. I'm not looking for a detailed essay, just some help. If the search feature on this site worked I would have used it. Don't call me lazy I don't appreciate it. Take your one word answers and snide comments and reply to someone else's posts from now on.

Comment

Isn't that what these forums are for?
                  These forums are for support and to provide help to DVDFab users with problems using DVDFab software, and only this software. By no means these forums are generic education/chat place for video enthusiasts. All moderators and long-time members of these forums are very knowledgeable and willing to help other members in trouble.
                  You have no problem nor in need for help using DVDFab, you just want to know, and want to know really quick, with snap of fingers. Your question can't be answered in short. It could be answered either in "yes/no" format or in long article. I did answered your questions in yes/no. If you want to go deep and technical, I suggested to visit WiKi and read.
                  DiabloZoe went even further and copy/pasted fragment of WiKi article.

I'm not looking for a detailed essay, just some help.
                  Help with what?.. fight ignorance?

Don't call me lazy I don't appreciate it
                  you may or may not appreciate it, but that what it is.

And if you still have questions or curious about how video works, Google is your friend... WiKi and videohelp.com as well.

This discussion is over. I'm closing this tread.
                  Last edited by IPopov50; 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X