Problem: no media is detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem: no media is detected

this product used to be easy and simple but now it just doesnt work like it is supposed to. I have a LG super multi blue GBC-H20L. never had problems with it. i run the new i-7 with maxed memory. i have the latest 8.1.0.5 and the latest virtual drive. But we are all having the same problems i see on here. No media is detected. i am using memorex bd-r 4x 25gb single layer. it always gets to put in compatible media then when i put it in it says no media is detected.
    i was under the impression when i bought the lifetime subscription that it was an easy process and the more changes that are put in the software the worse the program is. as far as i see no one can figure out this issue. what is the deal? for the love of God i am frusterated! sorry for the rant but i just cant keep trying all day to fix issues with dvdfab

by the way the movie is Rango on blu ray
    Last edited by IPopov50; 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM. Reason: one liner merged with first post

@Zan
    I can understand your frustration regardless of source of your trouble.
    As you may noticed, DVDFab goes through massive overhaul and expansion to a Mac platform. Besides, Fengtao Software developers adding new features and options in conversions and hardware acceleration. All this makes DVDFab one-of-a-king, leading software on a market!

However, all these features and options requires use of newest codecs, libraries, etc. and other elements of transcoding software. In turn, newest codecs are built to interact with newest drivers. In order to restore harmony in your machine and go back to "hakuna matata" life you should make sure that all drivers are updated, all OS updates are installed, clean up registry with CClean (or something similar) ant take fresh start. I wish you good luck. Come back here if you still have problems and we will try to help you.

Only one thing I want to add. I have complete DVDFab set of software installed on both of my machines (laptop and desktop), and with an exception of Video Converter, Fab runs flawlessly on both machines with all formats (DVD and BD). I have my testing set of DVDs and BDs, old and new, that I use to test every built. And I can tell that most of the instances I can't reproduce, which lead me to believe that most of the problems aren't DVDFab - originated, but local, machine-specific.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

so i did that and it still says no media detected in drive E. please insert a compatible media to start the write process. so...i even tried to make a file on my computer which was fine but when i went to burn it the same thing happened. funny when i went to copy non blu-ray lincoln lawyer it was fine but blu-ray just doesnt work.
      dvdfab needs to put out a list of movies they cant copy with their software.

Comment

ok so here is the humble update...please keep the crows from flying over head. i changed the power supply on my machine 2 weeks ago and switched the top burner for the bottom burner and didnt even notice it!!! damn i am sorry about it all. everything is great now.

Comment

Humble Pie is tough to eat but you were man enough to do it.

It has been proven many times that most problems are not software related and are either a setting - burning too fast - poor media or hardware but the software is the easiest to blame.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan View Post
            ok so here is the humble update...please keep the crows from flying over head. i changed the power supply on my machine 2 weeks ago and switched the top burner for the bottom burner and didnt even notice it!!! damn i am sorry about it all. everything is great now.
            Some more advice as I see your problem is solved but Memorex disc's are junk they are made by the lowest bidder! If you want to rule out all problems in the future purchase some good media TDK or Verbatim and pick up a BDRE or 2, its just advice!
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

@Zan
              Even though my advise didn't solve your issue, you do have updated machine after all!
              And I'm glad you have your system working again.
              Anyway, admitting that was your fault means a lot!!!! My respect!!!
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
              X