Full disk copy of 3D plays as 2D only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the past I have been able to make 'full disk' iso images of Blu-ray 3D movies and burn them without issue.
    Now, with 8.1.0.5QT, when I burn the ISO the resulting movie only shows as 2D!

What is wrong?
    Samsung LED 3D TV UN55c8000, 3D player Samsung BD-C6900

Hi, rick6112, which mode are you in? You gotta use Clone mode to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
      Hi, rick6112, which mode are you in? You gotta use Clone mode to do that.
      As stated. I use Full Disk mode..I'm sure that is what I have used in the past. I will give 'Clone' a try.
      Thanks

Comment

I tried the 'clone ' option as suggested...and my 3D backup now plays in 3D...
        Thanks

Comment

I dont believe 3D blu Rays are possible to back up. Ive tried to use ALL methods that this forum outlines but NONE of them have worked. Luckilly I dont use valuable 50 gig BD-r's for "coasters" because this would amount to mega bucks of waste. Before anyone tries to try backing up 3d dont waste your money and try using 50 gig BD-RE re writable disks to experiment with. Looks like the kids will use my precious originals to scratch and destroy. lol. I dont believe anyone has backed up ANY 3d Disks.
          All other blu rays i bought i have backed up to prevent scratches have worked, but 3d discs dont work via clone, iso transfer or any other method. Sorry but I dont believe that anyone has backed them up.

Comment

StevenDVD...
            The 'Clone' option worked fine for me when backing up my 3D originals. The 'backups' play as 3D without an issue!

Comment

Unbelievable! I just cant get them to work. Tried most things on this forum without posting because I wanted to do homework before attempting to bother others on the forum. Obviously you are lucky, computer "savvy" or a genious! I thought I was all of these attributes until I have entered the world of 3d blu ray.

Theres not to many 3d movies out there but they most certainly have ones that appeal to the kids and I dont want my originals scratched by kids and pizza fingerprints lol

Comment

Hi stevendvd.
                These are my steps to 'backup' a 3D Blu-ray disk.
                1) Launch DVDFAB 8.1.0.5
                2) Insert the original 3D Blu-ray into the PC's Blu-Ray drive
                DVDFAB will soon load the Blu-ray title into the 'SOURCE' edit box
                3) Blu-Ray Copy 'Clone' as the option
                4) Choose 'ISO' as the TARGET to create (it is the icon to the far right of the TARGET edit box) and click OK
                5) Click the START button to begin creating the ISO 'Clone'

Once DVDFAB has successfully created the 'Clone' Exit DVDFAB
                You now need to BURN the ISO using your favourite ISO Burning software such as NERO or IMGBURN to the appropriate size Blu-Ray..
                If resulting ISO is less than 24GB then a single-layer Blu-ray blank will do..otherwise you will require a Dual-layer 50GB Blu-Ray blank.

Comment

Thankyou Rick for the help I will give your advise a try and see how it goes. I will post back later. You are a "champ" thanks.

Steven

Comment

Well I can’t believe it! I have finally succeeded in backing up one of my 3d blu rays that I got for my kid. With the help of Rick it finally came to reality so I don’t have to panic on how they are handled and thus can archive the original. At first I thought it to be impossible to back up a 3d blu ray but I was wrong. Thanks to this forum and in particular Rick6112. You really are a champ. As the chief says in the film The outlaw Josey Wales,,,,, "endeavour to persevere"!

Comment

Working...
                    X