Format BD50 Region Remove Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Format BD50 Region Remove Questions

Hi 1st post, i tried to clone my 1st bd last night everything seemed to be going to plan. i cloned the disc (castaway) and got to the burn process imgburn popped up ask me to format. i agreed to the formatting and left for 3 hours it got to 92% and i accidently jarred the drive which threw up an error.
    I stopped the process and tested the disc ( the clone seemed to have worked as i got to the Fox opening screen but was then told that this wasnt region comaptible.
    i attempted to do the process again but thought i would reformat the disc.
    on imgburn i went to write, clean disc (i think?) and full this was left overnight which was 8 hours and checked this morningb and the format was at 47%.

My questions are, did i need to do somethng to remove the region code on the disc and how long should a format take on a bd50?
    and did i manually format correctly write/clean disc/full? or is there a better quicker software for formatting BD's before the burn.
    Thanks

i cant provide logs as at work but can later if this helps

Originally posted by ZANDEROL24 View Post
    Hi 1st post, i tried to clone my 1st bd last night everything seemed to be going to plan. i cloned the disc (castaway) and got to the burn process imgburn popped up ask me to format. i agreed to the formatting and left for 3 hours it got to 92% and i accidently jarred the drive which threw up an error.
    I stopped the process and tested the disc ( the clone seemed to have worked as i got to the Fox opening screen but was then told that this wasnt region comaptible.
    i attempted to do the process again but thought i would reformat the disc.
    on imgburn i went to write, clean disc (i think?) and full this was left overnight which was 8 hours and checked this morningb and the format was at 47%.

My questions are, did i need to do somethng to remove the region code on the disc and how long should a format take on a bd50?
    and did i manually format correctly write/clean disc/full? or is there a better quicker software for formatting BD's before the burn.
    Thanks

i cant provide logs as at work but can later if this helps
    You mean a BDRE 50 it takes a while to do a full format with spare areas which you want to do to get the fastest write time! Now I have had the same issues as you are having where I had to turn off the computer while it looked like it was still formatting and eject the disc that way! It had formatted the disc bit was stuck! As for format time 3 to 4 hours! Now for the region code and this being your first BR did you set it correctly it should pop up every time you put in a disc unless you set it so it does not?
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
      You mean a BDRE 50 it takes a while to do a full format with spare areas which you want to do to get the fastest write time! Now I have had the same issues as you are having where I had to turn off the computer while it looked like it was still formatting and eject the disc that way! It had formatted the disc bit was stuck! As for format time 3 to 4 hours! Now for the region code and this being your first BR did you set it correctly it should pop up every time you put in a disc unless you set it so it does not?
      so everytime i rip a disc i select the region i want the finalised disc to play in? cant i select or make these discs region free?
      i guess this BD burning game is trial and error? how do i manually format? was i correct in my OP? is there any benefit of burning straight this way or can i switch off after the rip and burn at my leisure? did i do anything wrong?
      can you screw up a BDRE from over formatting it?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by ZANDEROL24 View Post
        so everytime i rip a disc i select the region i want the finalised disc to play in? cant i select or make these discs region free?
        i guess this BD burning game is trial and error? how do i manually format? was i correct in my OP? is there any benefit of burning straight this way or can i switch off after the rip and burn at my leisure? did i do anything wrong?
        can you screw up a BDRE from over formatting it?

Thanks in advance
        I always do a full format with ImgBurn. You select tools/drive/format/full doing this say in windows will not allow you to write at the fastest speed with ImgBurn. and I think you are able to make your movies region free I have not encountered that type of error with Fab, maybe a search of the forum might turn up some results. The best way to burn is to use Fab to write the move to the HDD main or full or clone, then if you wish to compress you do that on the HDD, then open up ImgBurn and write your BR at your leisure! yes it is trial and error thats why you use BDRE!
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X