This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gladiator, only commentary or foreign language

Ok, I am trying to get Gladiator and running into a problem that I have read on the forum and tried everything... Everytime I try and rip Gladiator I get one of 3 things
    1) No audio
    2) Commentary audio
    3) Foreign Language

I am using 6.2.05

I have tried just selecting the 5.1 audio and unselecting the 3.2... then I get no audio... I select it I get commentary and when I select all languages I get a foreign language...

Any thoughts on this? If I rip this with all languages can I change the language with the Blu Ray player or am I stuck with just the one foreign language?

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I have been playing with this all day and I am going nuts over it...

Thanks in advance

-t

the worst part is, the preview in the bottom left shows exactly what is needed... no commentary, perfect audio... don't get it.. is this a bug in the product?

Comment

Post the needed info from the Help Us Help You document.

Comment

Also if this is the region A, 2 disc set please check some settings for me and I'll do a test. Open Fab>common settings>Streams>Audio and tell me the preselected languages in the right box + the selection from the dropdown under that same box and one more thing do you have "select all tracks" or "select first track" at the bottom ticked?

Comment

Originally posted by toddack View Post
          Ok, I am trying to get Gladiator and running into a problem that I have read on the forum and tried everything... Everytime I try and rip Gladiator I get one of 3 things
          1) No audio
          2) Commentary audio
          3) Foreign Language

I am using 6.2.05

I have tried just selecting the 5.1 audio and unselecting the 3.2... then I get no audio... I select it I get commentary and when I select all languages I get a foreign language...

Any thoughts on this? If I rip this with all languages can I change the language with the Blu Ray player or am I stuck with just the one foreign language?

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this? I have been playing with this all day and I am going nuts over it...

Thanks in advance

-t
          Originally posted by toddack View Post
          the worst part is, the preview in the bottom left shows exactly what is needed... no commentary, perfect audio... don't get it.. is this a bug in the product?
          What you are experiencing is when disc primary audio track is DTS HD Master Audio. Which can't be decoded as a file.

Here are you options

Rip disc as iso image and then play iso image file as a disc or down convert to dts audio.

Is this disc http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gladiator-Blu-ray/4735/
          If so do what I said to get english track back.
          Last edited by Hawk; 11-22-2009, 04:03 AM.
          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Thats the same title I have and removing all selected languages/Dobly Digital in the dropdown with select first track only. Played back with TMT3 on the pc with no problems as an iso or playing the m2ts file. I hope the op responds with their settings. as this might be a bug provided its the same disc. Seems lots are DE-selecting languages instead of selecting the tracks they want. Possible glitch?

Edit: Another thing the "no audio" makes me think what it's being played back on does not support DTS.
            Last edited by W&B; 11-22-2009, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Wild & Blue, what is in the Streams is English in the right hand box and Select all tracks is selected..

Hawk, thanks for the advice. how do I go about down converting the audio? Is this possible to do with DVDFab or do I need another app for it?

Comment

I reset my defaults and re-ripped my copy, testing with tmt3 I still get the correct 1st track. How are you playing it back? m2ts file with PowerDVD on your computer? If so try VLC. From a burned BD-R disc? If a disc on a stand alone what model is it? Is it through a sound system?

Edit: You never mentioned what the setting was in the dropdown under the preselected languages box, If it's not Dolby Digital then try that it's the default that I'm using. Remove all Pre-selectected languages including english in that box, if you need or want more tracks just select them. If you do a full disc it will copy all tracks anyway and sub-titles anyway. At the bottom tick the main bottom choice "Select first Tracks".
                Last edited by W&B; 11-22-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

ok... I think I found out what most people are doing wrong... when the rip it, they probably are testing it in Windows Media player (which I was doing) and of course it doesn't have the CODEC for it... I downloaded TMT3 and guess what, I have perfect audio... I am hoping that is it.. Thx for the help

Comment

You are correct, before I could play mine thru WMP I had to d/l K-lite Mega codec pack, within the initial setup if you scroll the settings you'll see an option to install a codec for DTS. Glad you got it going.

Comment

W&B thanks for the help... I guess my question is (and as you can tell I am new to this).. I am trying to "rip" this movie so that I can put it on a external HDD and then play it on a BD390.. I just converted one of the MT2S files to an avi and lost the sound again.. I just haven't figured out the process to do this... any advice on how to accomplish this?

Comment

You can combine the file with tsmuxer so it will be one large m2ts file (it'sfree).
                        1. Open tsmuxer make sure the input tab at top is selected.
                        2. Click add and browse to the stream folder selecting the 1st m2ts file.
                        3. Next click join and as before go select the 2nd file and join again and so forth until ALL files have been selected.
                        4. Near the middle of same screen you'll see "Output" place a tick at M2TS muxing.
                        5. Click Browse to the right for the target folder name it.
                        6. Click start Muxing at the bottom and let it finish.

My rig took about 15 minutes to combine all the files. Post back the results. How are you converting the files to avi?

Edit: Btw you'll have to Google tsmuxer, it's not a setting within Fab and is a completely seperate program.
                        Last edited by W&B; 11-22-2009, 01:18 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

W&B, yeah I had tsmuxer and that worked like a charm...

Converting to an AVI or MKV I was trying another converter, it is slow (very slow) but again converting from one file format to another I am not expecting lightening speeds... but after the avi was created, I moved it to my external HDD and attached to the BD390 and it played, though with no sound (again :/ )

thoughts?
                          Last edited by W&B; 11-22-2009, 01:32 PM. Reason: No mentioning competitors products, please read forum rules

Comment

Sorry no other ideas actually. Fengtao has mentioned a Blu-ray to Mobile feature that's in the oven so to speak but no details on the due date.

Comment

Working...
                            X