BD Writer gets lost after writing disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Writer gets lost after writing disc

I used BluRay Copy to burn an ISO file onto a disc. Once the burn was complete, the drive disappeared from the system. I couldn't find it in DVDFab, Windows Explorer or ArcSoft TMT3. The drive does appear in the Disc Management tool as CD-ROM 2, although the media is not recognized.

A reboot gets everything back to normal.

Mike

Hi Mike Mendelsohn
    Please download and install ImgBurn from the link in my signature, it is "free" and remember to set up AWS and your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your disc.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Firstly, I'd do as my good friend CBR929 suggests.
      Img is a much more reliable and configurable burn engine anyway.

This may be simply an I/O issue where Fab does not have exclusive access, ie., your burner is being hijacked.
      You can check this with Img...
      Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.
      Please post the results should you run this.

If problems persist, recommend uninstalling your ODD (burner), reboot and windows will uninstall and assign appropriate drivers.
      If this doesn't work, you can try a physically uninstall and reinstall.

It also sounds suspiciously like a windoz registry error
      There is an excellent registry patch for exactly this kind of "disappearing drive.

I'll find and post the link if you need it.

What os are you running?
      Last edited by maineman; 08-03-2011, 03:46 AM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I just watched the disc I burned last night and had some problems.

1. There was one point in the middle of the disc where the picture froze but the sound continued. I was able to skip back to the beginning of the chapter and it worked properly and played through the spot where it froze.

2. If I used ff or rew functions then hit play, the sound would play but the picture was frozen. I could recover by skip chapter.

3. The last chapter of the movie had a lot of skips.

4. The disc seemed to have a skipped band on it. The band is about 1/8" and occurs about 1/2" from the center.

All of the problems occurred when I played the disc in an LG BluRay player. I played the disc on my computer and it seem OK.

Next step is install ImgBurn and reburn the disc.

BTW - I am running Win 7 x64

Comment

Working...
        X